Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intake + Carb for 305HO then to built 350 (74')
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 06:17 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the article on the Q-jet, but the only problem is that the carb I have was given to me in very rough shape. A little corroded inside because when I got the car it did not have a carb on it, it was not running. I put a rebuild kit in the carb and follow the book I have on Rochester Carbs to get it working again. Somethings on the carb are sticking and no matter what I try they just won't free up. A new rebuilt carb exactly like it will be about $350 bucks I figure I should just get another one, but brand new performance. I am moving to LA and they don't actually hook up a hose to the exhaust for emmissions but they check to make sure stock smog is hooked up. I think I might be able to get away with the Emmissions ready performance Headers with AIR. Do you recommend the MSD HEI distributors to replace the one that is on the vehilce now? Or is there another option? I am not too familiar with them. Thanks LeRoy Bear with me I am new at the swapping out engines. I have a guy who wants to sell me a TPI unit off a 1986 305, but no computer, he states everything else is there. Would this work on the 74' 350 I have? What kind of modifications would I need for this one. Thanks LeRoy