Hot Rod Forum banner

Intake for gm performance bow tie heads

7K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Jojo'sdaddy 
#1 ·
I need help finding intakes that will fit my bow tie large port vortec heads. They are machined for all bolt patterns but have raised port runners just can't really find professional help so I thought I would give old faithful a try

#3 ·
Any raised port intake will fit, GMPP does not corner the market on raised port intakes.

I have a set of GMPP heads myself (first gen) and many intakes can be modded to fit although any intake with a short flange above the intake ports won't have enough meat to grind to fit, intakes like the Performer won't work.

I made my Dominator fit and recently found an NOS Stealth (has a low carb height) that I am now grinding to fit...it has enough meat. The larger ports of the GMPP head mean they are larger than standard intake port so the 0.100" raised section just means its a taller port.

You can see the port difference in the photo below, its simply a taller port...the floor stays the same height so as long as the intake has enough flange height and meat to grind into you can make it work. You can used a raised port gasket to check intakes for fit.

Reactions: Bratzler
#4 ·
Hey 4 Jaw, just to be clear, could you please leist exactly what head is on the lefty and right in your picture?

I'm assuming the gasket is an OEM l30/31 Vortec 305/350 gasket?
Thanks for the clarification, I'll consider it a birthday present.

peace
Hog

#10 ·
Okay so you already know what heads im using. i put a new internally balanced scat 9000 crank with forged rods and forged icon pistons bored 40 over flat top with two valve reliefs. i think they were +5 cc. Now the cam is a retrofit hydraulic roller cam from howards cams. I just hace to include howards in my opinion is a first class american business. Back to the engine i cant remember all the specs on my cam. I remember the lift is .525 int/exh seems like the lobe separation was 111°. Its running in a 1972 c10 short wide ive sunk some money it just want it to run strong an dependable and yes all info and thoughts are a great help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.