Intake manifold problems - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2006, 05:15 PM

Last journal entry: new gas pedal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Intake manifold problems

I'm building a 327 and just re assembling it, just mounted the heads and went to put on the intake and it appears that the heads are to high. With the intake manifold on you can see the top of the runners on the head. The heads are off a 350 number 338882 so they are nothing out of the ordinary. I have never seen this before, normally you have to take off the valve covers to remove the intake because it catches on the sides, but with this you can drop it in with the covers on, the motor has never been decked and i'm fairly sure the heads have never been planed. The head has a strange marking on it where the camel bumps were on the other heads in the shape of a upside down V. Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Marcel

Last journal entry: Choo-choo town
Last photo:

Whatsup

Well you know, I had the same problem. With the intake setting on the heads, you could see into the intake ports in the heads. Long story shorten, You have a 1955 or 56 265 intake manifold. They say all sbc intakes were thee same, but the first ones were different. I went we a later model, and it worked great. I sold it to an old draggen buddy from the 50's that was goin to Salt Lake for a record speed in a 56 corvette. He wanted to run one 4 barrel and 2x4. He has the record for the world's fastest 56 vett, but he's no longer with us. He had a 56 chevy wagon and they were in the dairy business, so I let you guess what they called the wagon. ( milk wagon) Man, that was the good old days, Run what you brought and first man to the other end won. Sorry its so long, disadvantages of being old. lol
Old 03-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

The V or triangle cast into the end of the head should slope to one side, not an equilateral triangle. It's just the 882 marking, which also appears on 624s.

Are you sure you want to use the 76cc 882 heads? This will put your compression in the basement.

When you placed the intake on the heads did you have the gaskets in place? If not, then this could account for the discrepancy with the ports.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:14 PM

Last journal entry: new gas pedal
Last photo:

thanks

I actully tried two different intakes one off a 65 vette with twoi four barrels and one off a camaro and it seems they both have the same problem.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.