Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - intake manifold from the Russian v8
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 04:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hehe. The crowds start to move.

It was me long time ago to start that topic on the PackardInfo website.

So I thought, some one has to offer off-shelf parts for that ZMZ V8 (truck series) engine. Let it be me then.
Few years ago I felt into developing suitable performance parts. And hopefully, I'll offer some of these pretty soon.

One of the main parts to go is a 2/4-bbl american carb intake manifold.
I'll be doing some prototypes soon, then I'll discuss the design with the aluminum casting factory to maintain lower costs.

P.S. I'm also developing a range of billet cams along with Steve from LSM Engineering from Michigan. Yup! Those who are in the scene know his stuff better than me. First bunch of stock-parts-friendly lumpy cams should be ready this winter. Figuring out cam profiles now...
Also I'm doing a kit on liners to switch to SBC stock 4 in bore pistons, because the head chambers were designed to work with 102 mm bore. In stock form it has a 92 mm bore and intake valve would interfere the liner at about 14 mm lift (0.551 in). But people usually shave off 2 mm, so it's only 12 mm (0.472 in) of ideal lift left! Which is no good, because you have to do some gaps, "what if" and etc. The 4 in bore would let the valves breathe freely.
Recently, it started as a Darton MID-stlye sleeves, but I had to design the sleeves myself, because Darton guys weren't willing much to help without seeing an actual engine. So now it's my standalone design, with top&bottom fixture and low price, plus some optional features.
P.P.S. Not trying to trade here, just sharing some information about my progress.

Last edited by Diskovod; 09-20-2012 at 04:46 PM.