Hot Rod Forum banner

Intake manifold for Small Block Chevy???EdelBrock Performer vs. Victory Jr.

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  willys36@aol.com 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 383 eagle kit in my small block. I have Dart Iron Eagle 215 heads and am looking for what intake is the best. I was goin to run the Edelbrock Performer RPM Air gap but I see alot of people runing the Edelbroke Victory Jr. and making bigger numbers. This is for mainly street. What intake should i buy????

I dont plan to rev over 6000 and the Victory Jr has a powerband from 3500 to 7000.
Heres a site that a guy tired the Performer and then the Victory jr and made a great increase in horsepower.

http://www.ryanscarpage.50megs.com/combos1.html

Second page, combo 10, (from trickflow site) using the same heads as i have and cam, hp peaks at 446@5500 and trq 433@4500
I thought this is a little low peak for the Victory jr.???

#2 ·
If you are running on the street and staying under 6000 RPM I would stick with the RPM Air Gap. You may not get quite as high peak HP as the Victor Jr, but you would more than make up for it in the low and mid range RPM. Many tests have shown that on a street car, the Performer RPM will out-accelerate the Victor Jr mainly due to the Victor Jr being too lazy off the line and taking too long to come into it's powerband. The only exception is if you are running a high stall and steep gears, in which case you would benefit more from upper RPM performance. But if dragging from light to light is your goal the RPM Air Gap is probably your best bet.

#4 ·
Victor is a single plane hi-rpm manifold. Performer is a dual plane and out performs the Victor up and down the rpm range except for maybe the very top. Most importantly it is vastly superior on the bottom half where you live most of your life. Not even a hard choice. Go with a performance dual plane over a single any day and twice on Sunday for a street/strip car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.