Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
#1 the monty would have been carb's so no intank pump
#2 I want to see you install a chevy fuel pump on an olds , and a factory mechanical chevy pump won't feed a 400hp engine even IF the cutlass has a small block chevy under the hood.
#1 the car was originally from the factory a V6 TBI (computer controlled carb) so it does have an intank pump. I have pulled the pickup out myself and seen it. Unless the previous owner did something strange in the tank.

#2 Im assuming your talking about electric pumps becasue that is what this post relates to so what is the big deal about installing a chevy pump in an olds. Do you think there is going to be some strange black magic between the two.

Its getting a 400hp engine hence the after I get it back from the machine shop and run it on the dyno so idk why your hung up on the fact that a stock mechanical pump wont feed a 400hp engine. I think most people realize that. Hence why I am moving to an electric pump. Did you not read my first post?

And
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.FURGAL
if you want an inline pump. go buy a grand national/t-type tank/pump/sender
So your suggestion for if I wanted an inline pump which I don't is to go get a grand nation tank/pump/sender......sure sounds like an intake pump to me and probably rather pricey and hard to get ahold of. Especially if I can just get an aftermarket universal pump and pickup. for around $150. I don't understand your reply post. It doesn't seem to relate to my question or provide any supportive input.