Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
If you're going to swap to EFI now is the time to do it- it'll never be cheaper or easier. Even if you can't afford a good multipoint system a junkyard TBI unit on top of your carb manifold is a great way to get started. That way you'll have your EFI fuel system already in place should you decide to upgrade to multipoint down the road.

FWIW you can convert to TBI for less than the cost of a new carb. You can also swap in a JY distributor allowing computer controlled timing advance. 400hp will be maxxing out stock BBC TBI injectors though, the BBC throttle body itself will flow more than enough air with a little finessing.
Would It be maxing them out even if I bumped up the fuel pressure?

I have thrown that idea around before with just using an MS1 or MS2 to run it. I mean I already have the carb and everything so no immediate need to swap right now. As long as the fuel system is there to support fuel injection I can easily just go over to the regulator and turn up the pressure and bolt on the TB and do my tuning from there. Might be something Ill consider down the road but right now I already have a hand full of things I want to get done to the car over winter and I don't really want to add another to it but I will definitely keep that thought in the back of my head though. Im definitely leaning towards an EFI capable fuel system though and probably 3/8" feed and return. I believe I have heard before that 3/8" is good for about 450hp?