Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 01:08 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian4life218 View Post
Would It be maxing them out even if I bumped up the fuel pressure?

I have thrown that idea around before with just using an MS1 or MS2 to run it. I mean I already have the carb and everything so no immediate need to swap right now. As long as the fuel system is there to support fuel injection I can easily just go over to the regulator and turn up the pressure and bolt on the TB and do my tuning from there. Might be something Ill consider down the road but right now I already have a hand full of things I want to get done to the car over winter and I don't really want to add another to it but I will definitely keep that thought in the back of my head though. Im definitely leaning towards an EFI capable fuel system though and probably 3/8" feed and return. I believe I have heard before that 3/8" is good for about 450hp?
Yea, 3/8" will be adequate for your system, I'd run it on feed and return. On the injectors I was assuming you'd bump the fuel pressure up to about 45psi- pretty standard pressure for EFI.

One thing to consider- The sooner you add MS the better and easier your tuning becomes (even if you use a manual dizzy and carb)- BUT if you also add TBI and electronic advance then the weekend you spend trying to get the tune just right can be replaced with 20 minutes on a laptop- while you're on a weekend road trip instead of in the garage.

When I switched to MS it took me about 2 hours to do all the wiring, and now I spend my tuning time seeing how far I can push my mileage at cruise- and by tuning time I mean I have a laptop auto-tuning while I am driving to the grocery store.

For the 2-3 hundred dollar investment in a MS system you'll be wondering why it wasn't the first part you installed- makes everything SO much easier.