Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
Yea, 3/8" will be adequate for your system, I'd run it on feed and return. On the injectors I was assuming you'd bump the fuel pressure up to about 45psi- pretty standard pressure for EFI.

One thing to consider- The sooner you add MS the better and easier your tuning becomes (even if you use a manual dizzy and carb)- BUT if you also add TBI and electronic advance then the weekend you spend trying to get the tune just right can be replaced with 20 minutes on a laptop- while you're on a weekend road trip instead of in the garage.

When I switched to MS it took me about 2 hours to do all the wiring, and now I spend my tuning time seeing how far I can push my mileage at cruise- and by tuning time I mean I have a laptop auto-tuning while I am driving to the grocery store.

For the 2-3 hundred dollar investment in a MS system you'll be wondering why it wasn't the first part you installed- makes everything SO much easier.
Ugh why do you do this to me AP haha. Ever since you said that I have been thinking man it would be so easy to do. $278 for the MS-2 from diyautotune and $50 for a used TB from a 454...... I will wait till after I have the engine ran on the dyno on the carb because I want to do a comparison between the two. When you said 45 psi do you mean on the 454 tbi injectors? I didn't think you could run tbi injectors that high. Looks like that aeromotive regulator I posted a link to would be perfect for this application then. Goes from 3 - 65psi and has 3/8" feed return and outlet. Would anyone else support my purchase of that regulator?