Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:18 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zildjian4life218 View Post
That regulator comes with two springs. One is setup for 3-20 and the other 20-65. Would this fix the issue you speak of regarding inconsistency. Yeah I was looking at their comparison between the MS1 and MS2 and I may just get an MS1. Not sure yet. Gonna wait until I get the engine back and ready and all the other little stuff done to the car I want then see if I have the time and money to do everything else. Right now Im running an Edelbrock thunder series 650cfm. I would go to the tbi more for economy and part throttle driving than I would for top end power. Who knows I may even pick up a couple hp along the way.
Yea, changing the springs will fix the issue. BTW the Edelbrock carbs don't flow even close to what they're rated at, a smoothed out BBC TBI unit will have more flow for top end power- but it will be fuel restricted at the very top- that's the thing that kills them for big power, the fuel, not the air. You can get upgraded aftermarket injectors but then costs start getting out of hand and you may as well go for a full multiport system.