Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:27 PM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
Yea, changing the springs will fix the issue. BTW the Edelbrock carbs don't flow even close to what they're rated at, a smoothed out BBC TBI unit will have more flow for top end power- but it will be fuel restricted at the very top- that's the thing that kills them for big power, the fuel, not the air. You can get upgraded aftermarket injectors but then costs start getting out of hand and you may as well go for a full multiport system.
ok .. a tbi will get you nice cold start emmissions and NOTHING MORE...
fuel milage will be no better than a q-jet.. and the bbc tbi (iirc) is a 550-600 cfm unit... that will not bolt to a q jet intake..
if like you said in the thread about carb a 350 NEEDING a 750 carb.. then a 550 cfm tbi is a bottle neck .. RIGHT..
if and when I change to efi on my monty SS (same car as his, both g body's)
I'd go with a g/n tank set up as the set up from that v6 monty will not work with any multiport efi.. and other than cold start emissions, he gains zero.. other than a lighter wallet
If , I was him. I'd search to see if all the g body tanks accept the g/n sender/pump set up.. if I had the link from the turbo buick board I'l post it here.. lost that when computer died.. but I think the g/n t-type tank is a different animal and it and sender have it's own part #..
he can spend the money ONCE.. or spend it TWICE... his choice.. but ..
carry on..

Last edited by E.Furgal; 10-24-2012 at 02:34 PM.