Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:05 PM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
A smoothed out BBC TBI unit is right under 650cfm- significantly more than the 650 edelbrock carb he's currently using. And he gains NOT ONLY better cold start up and driving but also much more controlled fuel metering- not as good as multiport mind you, but better than his carb. Oh, and the cost for said TBI unit- $15 from your friendly salvage yard. So while it is a bit undersized for its application at $15 I'd use it if it were mine.

To be honest I don't even know why I bother, obviously zildjian understands the clear advantages and after seeing all your other posts I'm not too sure you can tell your *** from a hole in the ground.
have had both. and owned both. real workld.. he'll gain nothing but coldstart lower emmisions.. your reply, at the end here, says it all.
if the o/p wants to believe you thats fine.. g.m.'s own cars that both with same gears/ same weight.. and same 305 engine.. one with a q-jet and one tbi.. one with better aero.. both passed the same emmission test and both within 1 mpg of each other.. and that would be the very low aero on one and a brick aero of the other..
but he can believe you if he chooses..
the facts are right there as g.m. had both in cars at the same time...
oops