Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Furgal View Post
have had both. and owned both. real workld.. he'll gain nothing but coldstart lower emmisions.. your reply, at the end here, says it all.
if the o/p wants to believe you thats fine.. g.m.'s own cars that both with same gears/ same weight.. and same 305 engine.. one with a q-jet and one tbi.. one with better aero.. both passed the same emmission test and both within 1 mpg of each other.. and that would be the very low aero on one and a brick aero of the other..
but he can believe you if he chooses..
the facts are right there as g.m. had both in cars at the same time...
oops
Im not doing it for more performance. I could care less if I lose 5 hp at the benefit of cold starts and driveability. Plus don't you think it would be nice to sit in the driver seat and hammer on a keyboard to tune the engine instead of constantly changing jets and springs and bending over the fender? Im 23 and my back kills me after I dialed in my edelbrock and that way maybe two hours. again idc if a q jet is just as good. I want the convenience of EFI.

Also what do you think will be easier and more cost effective. Trying to track down a GN fuel tank/pickup/pump setup and paying for it or just taking the setup I have now out of the monte carlo and swapping out the factory v6 fuel pump? and maybe having some AN fittings welded onto the top of the pickup?