Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Intank or Inline FP?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Listen and Learn

Last wiki edit: DIY junkyard electrical fan controller
Last journal entry: SBC 305 Twin Turbo
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
A smoothed out BBC TBI unit is right under 650cfm- significantly more than the 650 edelbrock carb he's currently using. And he gains NOT ONLY better cold start up and driving but also much more controlled fuel metering- not as good as multiport mind you, but better than his carb. Oh, and the cost for said TBI unit- $15 from your friendly salvage yard. So while it is a bit undersized for its application at $15 I'd use it if it were mine.

To be honest I don't even know why I bother, obviously zildjian understands the clear advantages and after seeing all your other posts I'm not too sure you can tell your *** from a hole in the ground.
Does anyone have bigger butterflies for these? Couldn't I take this to my machinist and he could probably bore out the TB and put some bigger butter fly valves in. Sure might cost me $100 or so but if it could help me pick up some I would be okay with that. Is this something people normally do?