Interesting Story - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2005, 05:29 PM
You got a leaky spark tube...

Last wiki edit: Rearend removal
Last journal entry: General Lee
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 19

Interesting Story

Once upon a two friday evenings ago... I was having overheating problems and stopped at a gas station to get everything straightened out. I opened the radiator and let it spew and settle down and began adding water slowly until it was topped off when a bum with alcohol on his breath comes up and commented on how good the engine sounded. I didnt think anything of it and said "thanks" and continued what I was doing. Stupidly, I turned my back and walked around to the cab to check the temp (which was still at almost 240, it turned out that the automatic switch for my electric fans was not working correctly). This is when I hear my engine revving higher, and higher, and higher and I looked up at the tach to see it bounce off 8,000 (thats all the higher the tach goes). I turned around to see this random drunk guy playing with my carburetor and I yelled "what the ******* do you think you are doing?!?!" and he started telling me that his car sounded better. I told him I didnt care and that he should leave. He didnt. He told me he was a mechanic, that he had a 9 sec nova with a 383 and that he could help. I said no, do not touch my truck again and that he should leave. He stayed. He then removed his GM Goodwrench Service Plus baseball cap and pointed to it and said "See this? Im the best, you dont get one of these unless you're the best" Again, I told him that I didnt care and that he should leave. He stared at me for a second then said, "Do you want to fight?" I was getting furious... I called my friend to come over and help me deal with this idiot. My friend shows up and the drunk guy hugs him, my friend made some comment about the man being gay. So he too was challenged to a fight. The distraction of my friend being there allowed me to actually fix my problem and we left, with the guy trying to chase us down the street. 20 minutes later we drove by again and were stopped at the light next to the same gas station and the man runs into the street waving his arms and is coming toward us. Shortly after that, we again saw the man passed out on the sidewalk...

Anybody else have any strange stories/incidents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2005, 08:50 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

used to be a homeless guy who hung out at the quickky mart i worked at, he'd levitate for a sandwich. makes you wonder, what kind of homeless guy is this that knows how to levitate?
Old 07-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

What kind of sandwich?
Old 07-17-2005, 11:42 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
What kind of sandwich?
Yer killin me Dinger!
I bout peed myself when I read that. HG
Old 07-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Man do I have a weird story,a few Friday nights ago,some kid pulls up in an overheating truck.I had been drinking and this kid asked for help fixing his truck.The minute I bent over the grille,another guy gives me the old "ReachAround". They tried to get my Wild Irish Rose, darn near took my Goodwrench Service Plus hat. I got that hat because I was "The Best" and it meant alot to me.I have an awsome 383 powered Nova that I built using Genuine GM Performance Parts.
So I throw a right hook,and tripped a little,since my punch did not connect,I ended up tied up in this guys arms. They tried to call me gay. If my punch had landed they would not have thought about calling me gay. I learned to punch from Foreman. I have some cannons boys and know how to use them.
As I am dealing with this one guy,the other kid is working on his truck. I must have scared the sheet out of them,cause they jumped in that truck and took off like a bat out of hell.So I sat down and popped the cap off my booze. Then shortly after they left,they drove back by. I ran after them,trying to get the sissys to stop.They kept going.
I passed out not too long after,and I think they came back,because when I woke up,my butt was sore and I had a few extra bucks in my hand!! If they come back by,I wont let them get off that easy. It is go time!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:29 AM
wind & fire = guides to power

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy larry
used to be a homeless guy who hung out at the quickky mart i worked at, he'd levitate for a sandwich. makes you wonder, what kind of homeless guy is this that knows how to levitate?
Jesus? I'd have offered a steak dinner to find out how he did it!
Old 07-18-2005, 09:33 AM
I wanted an egg-salad sandwich

Last photo:

dang you beat me to it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCastle
Man do I have a weird story,a few Friday nights ago,some kid pulls up in an overheating truck.I had been drinking and this kid asked for help fixing his truck.The minute I bent over the grille,another guy gives me the old "ReachAround". They tried to get my Wild Irish Rose, darn near took my Goodwrench Service Plus hat. I got that hat because I was "The Best" and it meant alot to me.I have an awsome 383 powered Nova that I built using Genuine GM Performance Parts.
So I throw a right hook,and tripped a little,since my punch did not connect,I ended up tied up in this guys arms. They tried to call me gay. If my punch had landed they would not have thought about calling me gay. I learned to punch from Foreman. I have some cannons boys and know how to use them.
As I am dealing with this one guy,the other kid is working on his truck. I must have scared the sheet out of them,cause they jumped in that truck and took off like a bat out of hell.So I sat down and popped the cap off my booze. Then shortly after they left,they drove back by. I ran after them,trying to get the sissys to stop.They kept going.
I passed out not too long after,and I think they came back,because when I woke up,my butt was sore and I had a few extra bucks in my hand!! If they come back by,I wont let them get off that easy. It is go time!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCastle

Kids these days, and they called you gay then they go and do that At least you made a few bucks.

Brad
Old 07-19-2005, 03:42 PM
King of my Man-cave.

Last photo:

Hey, I gotta tell you guys what I saw a couple of weekends ago!

At a gas station there was this guy bent over his fender with his hood up. There was this OTHER guy RIGHT behind him! The first guy was hollering about being HOT and the other guy was yammering about how GOOD he was! Then he took his hat off (I take my hat off for only ONE reason, if ya know what I mean ).

Well, I had seen enough of them lovebirds. I sure hope they got a room before they got into trouble!

tom
Old 07-19-2005, 03:49 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

We just grabbed this one and ran with it.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:08 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXS
Jesus? I'd have offered a steak dinner to find out how he did it!
No, he was a bum, not Jesus...... That would have been easy to figure out if it was Jesus......

(watch where THIS one goes.....)
Old 07-20-2005, 10:36 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

actually, he thought he was Jesus. told everyone he was. I'd hook him up just for that. Jesus can eat whatever He wants.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.