Hot Rod Forum banner

interior

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Scooting 
#1 ·
I have a 1940 ford coupe. I would like to install bucket seats/with 6way power.Any sugestions as to brand & model car or truck that will fit . They need to tilt forward as well.

#2 ·
Coupe! How far forward do you want them to tilt? The seats with the most comfort we have ever done on a long trip were from late model Buick Lacrosse. They fit width wise almost perfect, are not too tall. They are leather and 8 way power, not hard to hook up juice to. Only thing is the backs tilt forward a little, not a bunch. So access to the back is not perfect. I had a set in the Sedan and finally swapped them out so we could get in the rear seat better. Still feel they were the best for 500-600 mile days. Wife has an Escalade and liked these better.

Another good option is Lexus seats, you have to do a little sitting and digging to find the pair that fits your back/bottom best. But it can be done.

Our replacement seats are leather second row Odyssey Van seats. They are not power but so easy to move/adjust. You can get them new because of the take outs produced for handicap vans. Look at Craigslist for Phoenix and in Illinois. Van conversion being done in each place. These seats feature full back tilt flat with the seat, move forward a bunch, and if you install them right, you can even make them flip on their nose against the dash. In my opinion, better comfort than aftermarket Glide.

Tan leather seats are Buick, Grey leather seats are 2013 Odyssey without the console.
Good Luck Hunting.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.