Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Interior glue, What is the best?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone
Here's a related question about the DAP HHR cement - what's the shelf life like? I've gathered all the materials for my first practice seat upholstery along with a gallon of the DAP and was wondering how best to preserve it?

Since I don't have any spray equipment I was gonna brush/roll it on (which I've read is fine to do), so my thoughts were to transfer some of the cement from the gallon can into a quart-sized can which I would use first - this way I wouldn't have to constantly open the gallon can every time I wanted to use it. Would filling the remaining space in the gallon can with propane (like with long-term paint storage) help, or not worth the effort? I'll be keeping the cans in the house so they won't be subject to freezing temps during the winter.

Thanks!
- Mike
As far as I can say.. It has a pretty long shelf life..I have left some in a spray gun for over a month with no problem..And I have also used it by brushing it on.. As far as the propane, I have no idea about that.. Mr.Dan would sure know more about this then me.. Just letting you know what I know..

Last edited by NEW INTERIORS; 01-04-2010 at 12:35 PM.