Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Interior Insulation
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:17 AM
1929 Chopped Tudor

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod
Last journal entry: 1927 roadster
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesCowan
I have seen a lot of talk about how the best way to insulate the interior of the car but my question is do you really need to completely cover every square inch when using a product like second skin for sound deading? I have some of the glass balloons to use for heat but I am not sure if you put the second skin on first or after painting with the heat sheild. I also have some of the bubble wrap material that can be used instead of the micro balloons. Two many choices with every site telling you to use their products. I am going to use this in a 32 prostreet fibergalss body.
I am not sure of what you mean by glass balloons, but any way you can buy some pretty good insulation for about $25.00 with aluminum foil attached. I got some off of eBay and it made a huge difference in my '29. I attached it to the inside of the firewall and to the inside of the roof. Also I saw where you can use rug padding and the type that is used on cellar floors (water resistant) may also be used and it is fairly cheap and easily found.