Interior ?'s - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Custom builder and painter

Last journal entry: Another test fit of the axle
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Interior ?'s

Ok first of all, i've got all the panels made, and just have to recover,, I recovered a few pieces today, and this brought a few questions...

1. how do you wrap the corners with out shoing a lil buldge, and what about if your wrapping the inner edge of a 90 degree panel.. there's not enough material to cover the center after it's cut.. check my pics to see what I mean.

2. I'm at a loss for what materials to use.. I have some samples from keyston. I'm doing these panels with their rave.. seems to be fine, I think it's their version of immitation leather.. But I have samples of their soft side collection,, which i like cause there are many different options, but it's vinyl and not sure it it'll work.. have their allamanti selection.. not sure if it's spelled right.. and considered real leather but believe it's really expensive.. any suggestions here would be great.

3. of materials selected what can you get away with using on a seat cover

4. what methods are used for cutting the pvc board.. we used a utility knife and exacto knife.. can you use wood working equipment to cut such as radial arm saw, skill saw, etc.

thanks very much in advance...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 001re.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	8156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 002re.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	8157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 004re.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	8158  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2005, 10:23 PM

Last photo:

here's the slight buldge i'm having a prob getting away from.. any ideas??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 005re.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	8159  
Old 12-07-2005, 07:16 AM

Upholsery panels

Chad,

When you finish those outside corners and angles, after you have glued the front side,you need to bring the fabric or vinyl over, and around to the back before you glue it, and see where you need to cut it so it lays flatter. Make sure you have some fabric from each angle though, or it wont stay tight. It would be like cutting out pie pieces, to get a good fit. Do not cut the fabric all the way down to panel board, Cut it about 1/8" away. For the inside 90 degree if your using a good stretchable vinyl cut it down to about 1/4" from board and slowly glue it down, If you have a heat gun you may try that to soften it up some to stretch around so you don't see cut, but don"t burn it . Hope this helps Tom Werner Upholstery
Old 12-07-2005, 07:39 AM

Last photo:

well as far as the outter edges goes that's basically what we were trying for, but at the same time trying to keep some material there.. i think I just need to practice at it.. i'm trying to make it so you can't seen anything overlapping from anywhere on the outside corner.. i might try heating this also.. as far as the inside goes.. i'm gonna just try to warm it up and work it in.. but the thing i'm worried about is it not holding.. even if i can get the corner covered, will it stay??? that has me a little worried..
Old 12-07-2005, 09:30 AM

Use Weldwood DAP glue. put on both the vinyl and board let dry. Then put on one side again wait till its real tacky and press together. works great for me . TOM

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.