Interior wood - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Interior wood

I just received the interior wood kit for my '31 Ford Roadster. There are no pictures or instructions included. Had to order the screw installation kit from another vendor as none came with the wood. It should arrive Friday.

Here's my concern. There is no existing old wood in the body and I don't know where all the pieces go or attach. There are many aftermarket publications available, but rather than buy them all, which one(s) have the best info or pictures as to the location and installing of the wood?

I also need to know how the original seat springs were held in place? I don't see any clips or brackets listed to hold them in place in any aftermarket catalog.

If any of you have photos showing the wood installed please post them here or email to me. Ireland's Child has a great finished '31 Ford Roadster but apparently has not posted any pictures of it during construction. I am unable to find any. Perhaps he will see this and send/post some.

Thanks to all.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Kinda like a puzzle of many pieces isn't it..PM Dave and see if he responds..

Sam
Old 08-11-2010, 09:17 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Let's put this in General Rodding Tech also.

Dan

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 PM

Interior doors are made using glue that probably isn't waterproof. The door would fall apart when exposed to the elements. Normally interior doors are a lot thinner too. Your good exterior door will be heavy, solid and built to take the cold and heat. That's why it is more expensive.

======================

Last edited by Jon; 08-11-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maha22
Interior doors are made using glue that probably isn't waterproof. The door would fall apart when exposed to the elements. Normally interior doors are a lot thinner too. Your good exterior door will be heavy, solid and built to take the cold and heat. That's why it is more expensive.

======================
You are confused. You refer to house doors. Thanks for your effort though.

I am asking about the wood used as seat support and tack strips in a 1931 Ford Model A Roadster.

UPDATE:

I have sort of figured out where some of the wood will go. I'm still not sure exactly how the seat back wood goes or how the seat springs attach. I'm also puzzled about the three tack strip pieces that go along the top rear and some of the sides of the passenger area of the body. I think they are the tack strips for the top. What puzzles me about them is at the present time there is a one piece metal square tube attached in that location. Appears to be an original piece. I think I have to remove it and replace it with the three pieces of wood. I discovered that I also needed two sheet metal pieces that attach to the rear seat upright wood and the body. One is called a package tray and the other is called a seat adjuster (although as best I know the seat is not adjustable). I got them ordered yesterday evening. So far I've received the interior wood kit (ordered from one vendor and shipped from the manufacturer), the seat bottom springs and seat back springs (also ordered from one vendor and shipped from another). The wood assembly screw kit is on its way from another vendor (the only one I found that carries this as a kit) and is scheduled to arrive Friday. The sheet metal pieces are available from several vendors and I found them from a vendor very close to me (120 miles) at the best price. I figure they are made from one manufacturer and then sold thru various vendors at whatever price they choose. Pays to shop around some.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 AM

Last photo:

Maha22

Maha22 is just spammer, he's been in every section advertising his website and posting crap so it doesn't look so noticable. Needs to be booted.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.