Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - intermediate level gun suggestions
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 10:12 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

That Finex sounds like pretty darn good gun with some nice features. I'm changing my mind and think I would buy that one if I needed one...But first I would go to the SPI forum and ask what they (the painters) thought of it....either way you look at it ,it seems like two choices Sharpe and Devilbis.I'm sure both spray great so I would say hold them both in your hand see which one feels most comfortable Hold the gun in all the posistions it'll be in when your painting (how you would be holding it when painting a roof ,Rockers and hood...Then which one is lighter and you really want the big cup..The Sata type cups with the snap on lids are pretty nice if the lid fits nice and tight But a screw on cap really sucks and is a pita...so you also want a big cup with a snap on lid...And A 1.4 tip That's a MUST have....
be sure to concider tip size when comparing guns both guns should be the same
My Sata with the 1.3 is great for spraying base but cant spray clear near as well as my Iwata does with a 1.4 but the Sata with the 1.4 sprays just as good.so if there not both 1.4 tips your comparing you wont be getting the best gun for YOU...A 1.4 tip is the best choice for a tip size that will spray everything well..