intermediate level gun suggestions - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 11:51 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

deadbodyman, thanks for the tips. I am leaning toward the finex also (mainly because of the width of the spray pattern), though to tell the truth, after seeing andy's video I may try one of those 43430 replacements. I realize results depend a LOT on the person doing the painting.

I assume the reason the 1.4 tip is better than a 1.3 for clear is the higher solids content?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 01:25 PM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

absolutely. Just be for warned ,I seen a lot of weird things in my years and useing those guns is a crap shoot You never know when they'll getcha buy they WILL getcha.like the time my painter was showing me how nice that 35 .00 gun was spraying and I had to admit it looked just as slick as anything I did with my nice guns and just as I was about to say so the fan knob fell of while he was laying down a beautiful last coat well that knob rolled all the way down the hood right through all that beautiful work, it made me sick.they just aren't built well and something off the wall will happen .He dont bragg much about it any more because I took the materials and extra labor to redo it out of his pay that week ..I explained how I made all these mistakes learning too and I paid dearly for them I dam sure aint paying for yours too especially when I warned him and he didnt listen....If something like that happens to you its not such a big deal ,redoing it will only get you better..for us it can put the whole week off kilter and customers get upset when they're cars arnt ready on time...go with a better gun You'll never reget it....
Old 05-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Nova Guru

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
absolutely. Just be for warned ,I seen a lot of weird things in my years and useing those guns is a crap shoot You never know when they'll getcha buy they WILL getcha.like the time my painter was showing me how nice that 35 .00 gun was spraying and I had to admit it looked just as slick as anything I did with my nice guns and just as I was about to say so the fan knob fell of while he was laying down a beautiful last coat well that knob rolled all the way down the hood right through all that beautiful work, it made me sick.they just aren't built well and something off the wall will happen .He dont bragg much about it any more because I took the materials and extra labor to redo it out of his pay that week ..I explained how I made all these mistakes learning too and I paid dearly for them I dam sure aint paying for yours too especially when I warned him and he didnt listen....If something like that happens to you its not such a big deal ,redoing it will only get you better..for us it can put the whole week off kilter and customers get upset when they're cars arnt ready on time...go with a better gun You'll never reget it....
Ya know, now I'm gonna be checking that fan knob everytime I paint !! LOL Good thing the hood and decklid are done.

Pros definitely need quality, dependable tools. No argument there. Just trying to fill the OP in on my own personal hobbyist experience. I respect all the advice the pros around here have to give, good stuff!

andy
Old 05-28-2012, 11:53 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizer
Camino has me interested in that Finex now should I ever need to get another midlevel gun. Sounds like a nice piece. The main reason I went with the Finishline is because it came with three different tip sizes.
Thats why i gotbthe finishline as well. 3 tips dcups system= great deal

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.