intro new guy with 68 impala convertible - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 09:12 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

intro new guy with 68 impala convertible

just want to say hello out there, i just purchased a 307 1968 chevy impala convertible and plan on doing some minor upgrades to start and then possibly restore completly. my intentions are to keep it all original or at least keep all original parts then add options that can be reversed in the future if i plan to sell. i don't think to many of these cars are still around, i have never seen one in new england except for one that was just shipped to kentucky.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 09:26 AM

Last photo:

posting image

how do you post a picture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	impala convertible 68.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	72559  
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Welcome aboard...I've always liked the mid to late 60's Impala's. In 1991 I came across a 1968 Impala convertible 427 car at the same Estate Auction I picked up my AMX. My wife at the time gave me a hall pass to only buy one of the cars and seeing I had craved an AMX since my teens I had to make a choice that no true car enthusiast should need to make...I bought the AMX.

Ray
Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 AM

Last photo:

68 impala

thank you Ray, i look foward to taking on this adventure with my son, he's 13 and he was pretty excited about it when he saw it. i also have my wifes blessing. i here alot about the amx but i no nothing about them. don't know what you had to do with it but i'm sure you can't imagine not having it, so far just by looking into this impala and talking to some people i think i've found an awesome group of people who are passionate about american made cars and classics. i don't know why it took me so long to travel down this road, i think it's because i used to have a 72 chevelle, it was my first car and i had a blast in it. reaching 50 years old i guess i just want something from the past to have some fun with. i can't wait to get started on it. just waiting for the weather to break. i can honestly say i feel alive again, guess it's the mid life crises kicking, ha
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

It's called male menopause...and I love it...the only hot flashes we get is the hot flashes of brilliance to relive our youth now that we can afford to...No mode swings...we're always happy just get out in the garage while our better half sometimes has hot flashes of a different kind.

Your in for a treat especially with your son being eager to be a part of the project. You'll be able to tell him story's of your 72 Chevelle (once it's in your blood, your a lifer) and it's great for a few years down the road when they get older and can reminisce about the time when you two built a car together. My son is 30 now and we sometimes spend hours on the phone and most often it's about what we did together on cars.

Congratulations, you are now in for the best times you can spend with your son...enjoy them and make lots of memories.

Ray
Old 03-24-2013, 12:00 PM

Last photo:

deep down i know it. thank you again for the reassurance
Old 05-14-2013, 07:32 PM

Last photo:

finally picked the car up and i couldn't believe what a ride it was. after i inspected it and got temp plates to move it, i drove it 125 miles on the highway to my house. who said the 307 powerglide was junk. plenty of power on the highway even at 60 mph it had a lot more to give, smooth and quiet ride, i'm not going to touch the engine at all. son loves it. here is a picture before i put wax on it. some rust but other than that i'm baffled. i will just leave it alone and slowly fix things until it needs a complete paint job, thee is alot of dry rot on all the rubber and even some bushings, a sprayed all the undercarriage nuts and bolts, and movable parts with liquid wrench, silcone and wd40 to let the oils work into the rusty parts i'm stunned on the ride
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bobby with the car.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	171.8 KB
ID:	74022  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:29 PM

Last photo:

Nice ride to start with! Good luck with her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.