Involved in Bad Accident Biker & Deer - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 11:39 AM
~Low Budget Baby~

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Involved in Bad Accident Biker & Deer

at 6:30 this morning i went outside and put my bag in my truck for school. i saw a harley pass by going about 35mph (this is unusual because they usually fly by at around 75mph) i went back inside and waited until 6:40 until i left my house. so i took the truck out the driveway and didn't drive too fast because i wasn't in a hurry 40mph on the 45mph road infront of my house. so i start to climb a hill in my truck about 3/8 of a mile away from my house(the hill is one of those that goes up then has a peak then goes back down so you can't see over the top until you are at the top). i get to the top and my lights hit something starting to crawl from laying down in a puddle of blood. the something was a guy just to the right of the yellow line and stretched his arms out to try and crawl off of the road he was about 6 feet tall and in the feital position trying to crawl across the road. i swerved to the left to avoid him and he started to crawl to the left (across the yellow line into the other lane) and collapsed. on the left side of the road there is no shoulder to the road just a rocky bank with trees growing out of it. so i am heading straight for the bank. i slam on the breaks to lock the back ones up and turn my wheel just before my front hits the bank infront of the guy. the car kinda does this say this is the side of the road |<- the < is the path the truck took and the - is the guy. i hit the mirror of my truck on a tree growing out of the bank and correct my slide then stop. i get out and run over to the guy and tell him he might want to crawl the other way to get out of the road he doesn't say anything and starts back the other way. i look down the road and see a light on the side of the road and look closer and it's a motorcycle i look at the guy and he doesn't have a helmet on and the left side of his face is almost missing it's just like all blood and muscle tissue, no skin. i see lights at the bottom of the hill on the other side so i go to the top and just up and down to get the person comming to go around me or stop or do something. they go around me and don't even slow down. then i go back to the guy and a jogger that i didn't see starts running over to me and asked if i hit the guy when he was on his bike. i told her no and she asked who he was and i said to her i just got here i don't know anything other than i almost killed him. i go back over to the guy and he tells me that he could feel the heat from my brakes on his fingertips. ps i forgot to mention as soon as i got out of my truck i called my mom to call 911 so i wouldn't be tied up with them and not be able to talk to and calm the guy
well his name is henry and he asked me to call his wife and i askked for the # and dial and hand the phone to him (i thought his wife might be a little less scared if she knew he could still talk). and he told her that he wrecked his bike and he didn't know what happened and handed the phone to me for directions, i couldn't make out what the lady was saying so i gave the phone to the jogger who gave her directions. the guy asked me to help him up and i said no i don't want to move you and he started to beg me so i helped him up and he almost immediatly fell down and screamed take off my boot and i said again i don't want to hurt you worse than you already are and so he started to beg me to take his boot off so i grabbed it and he pulled his foot out of it and his foot went limp like a wet noodle. he looked at it and smiled and said i thought it was broken. about then the guy's wife shows up with his brother. his brother goes over to see why he wrecked and to look at the bike and calls me over to the bike and says does this look like deer hair? pointing to the front fender that was bent to hell and the right side of the fork was broken. and indeed it was deer hair. and then the ambulance came and they took him away. the cops got a statement from me and i left. while driving everytime i tried to think the vision of me comming over the hill and seeing a guy in a puddle of blood in the middle of the road flashed through my head. i was scared out of my mind i was going to kill him and still at 1:40pm it's going through my head everytime i try and think

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2005, 11:39 AM
~Low Budget Baby~

Last photo:

wow that's long sorry about that

as soon as i get out of school i'm gona call his wife and ask how he's doing. just pray for him that he's alright. thx

the only thing that saved the skin on his body was a thick leather coat. about 3/8 inch thick that was worn through in some spots to bare skin that had brush burns. i hope to god the guy makes it
Old 09-29-2005, 12:52 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last journal entry: PICTURE TEST
Last photo:

wreck

Hey i just said a prayer for him,,, man thats a bad deal...

Let us know how things are going for him, and you too..

Keith
Old 09-29-2005, 01:43 PM

Last photo:

Ouch Hope he's ok. been there is not fun.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

My prayers are with him, Hoe you are doing better also. Just think you may have saved his life the car going the other way that didn't stop may have done him in. Thank you for being a good Samaritan and stopping to help.

Steve
Old 09-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Quote:
i get out and run over to the guy and tell him he might want to crawl the other way to get out of the road he doesn't say anything and starts back the other way.
I hope if I ever get hurt you don't come up on me!!! First off you should not have let the guy crawl at all. Second, if you had a cell, you should have called 911 right away. Not call your mom and have to explain to her where you are at, what happened, etc. You could have explained all of that to the E-squad. You should have immobilized the person and not let him move around. I am not a paramedic, but the more stable a person is the slower they will go into shock. If he had a punctured lung or other internal organ damage, by letting him move around would only cause more damage and possible death.An injured person and the paramedics should be the top of your priorities. I am glad you helped him, but if that would ever happen again, make sure you have the local police, fire, squad, programmed into your cell, along with any adjacent counties you frequent.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:18 PM
~Low Budget Baby~

Last photo:

hey yeah i just got off the phone with his wife and his wife said that he was alright he had a broken nose, broken ankle, and an air bubble in his head they think will go away by the morning and that's it except for cutts and scratches. and that's been bothering me all day about me letting him move and takin his boot off and all i was hoping i didn't hurt him anymore. the reason i called my mom (as soon as i got the truck stopped) is because i suck at giving directions and 911 wants directions to our road everytime we call for something (our road has frequent wrecks) it was probably 30 secs at the most it took for me to call her to say call 911. yeah that still scared the crap out of me i'm so happy he's not dead and is in good condition for wreckin a motorcycle. thanks for your prayers
Old 09-29-2005, 06:43 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin45
I hope if I ever get hurt you don't come up on me!!! First off you should not have let the guy crawl at all. Second, if you had a cell, you should have called 911 right away. Not call your mom and have to explain to her where you are at, what happened, etc. You could have explained all of that to the E-squad. You should have immobilized the person and not let him move around. I am not a paramedic, but the more stable a person is the slower they will go into shock. If he had a punctured lung or other internal organ damage, by letting him move around would only cause more damage and possible death.An injured person and the paramedics should be the top of your priorities. I am glad you helped him, but if that would ever happen again, make sure you have the local police, fire, squad, programmed into your cell, along with any adjacent counties you frequent.

Kevin, honestly dude, the kid is 17, his adrenaline was going, his heart was racing, he probably has NEVER been in a situation even close to being this extreme. He did the best he could. Don't be a preaching a-hole, he doesn't need to hear it from anyone. He's had a rough day. Besides, who in their right mind would kneel down next to a guy and immobilize him, as he lays just over the crest of a blind hill!?

66-TBird, I commend you for stopping to help, it's more than some would do. And nice swerve reaction, I've seen alot of people just panic and lock the brakes up when something is in front of them on the road.

Last edited by Ghetto Jet; 09-29-2005 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:44 PM

Last photo:

Hey T-Bird, I just noticed that you're the one who sent me a couple PM's trying to meet up since you live about 10 miles away from me. We'll do that soon.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:29 PM
you talkin to me?

you might want to crawl the other way????
i am not sure what to say. it's a rough situation to be in i don't even know what i would do but crawl the other way??
Old 09-30-2005, 06:53 PM

Last photo:

[QUOTE=Ghetto Jet]Kevin, honestly dude, the kid is 17, his adrenaline was going, his heart was racing, he probably has NEVER been in a situation even close to being this extreme. He did the best he could. QUOTE]

Just goes to show, when all else fails and you get stuck, CALL MAMA! He has at least one parent he can rely on in a crisis!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Jet
Hey T-Bird, I just noticed that you're the one who sent me a couple PM's trying to meet up since you live about 10 miles away from me. We'll do that soon.

He has probably had you blow by him at 100+ MPH before.

Good job. I am sure you understand now about the moving or allowing the movement of someone injured.The hard thing is,when you are hurt,you want to move also.You have to assure the injured person that help is on the way,and it is unadvisable to move.Forcefully restraining someone can also add to an underlying problem.Good job though.I would hope someone would stop to help me if I needed it.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:59 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCastle
He has probably had you blow by him at 100+ MPH before.
If he travels on Route 1 he probably has, I'm on that road so much they should name part of it after me.

I took the PSU sticker out of my back window, no identfiable markings for my car. I don't want people recognizing it on the road or places it's parked.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:

Sad story but at least the biker guy you ran across is still alive - thanks for sharing your story with us. When it comes to bike crashes, It sure is a small world isn't it. Earlier this year, I got a hysterical call from my wife's cousin Wendy from Seaside. She told me the father of her son had just gotten killed the night before in Warrenton after hitting an elk on his Harley on the way back from the store. This guy was a close friend of mine. We used to fish, hotrod and party together quite a bit and I was literally trashed to get the bad news. The real tragic part of this crash was, it wasn't the elk that killed him. According to a lone witness, He was trying to get up when a car coming the other way tagged him and dragged him about 200 feet. There were no drugs or alcohol involved. We celebrated Darrell's life that following weekend in Seaside and moved on with life.

Now then, moving on, just a few weeks ago I hear a guy was killed on a bike headed to Sturgis when a Porta-Pottie fell off a truck and took him out.
This is really some sad stuff Kid... It makes me want to just rush out and buy a scooter.<not>

Last edited by PrimeMover; 10-01-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:19 PM
im on a highway to hell

Last journal entry: new wheels and seats
Last photo:

hey you did a good job kid!!!!!!!!

the way older people become (mature) or experienced is by relying on the knowledge of our past experiences and situations and how we dealt with them. you did a good thing and showed good character by helping in any way you could and i'm sure the next time you run into a situation like this (hopefully you don't) i.m sure the first thing you will remember is to make sure he is in a safe place and not to move him after that.

my hats off to you man....

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.