Iraqi Election Predictions - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: HOW WILL THE IRAQI ELECTION TURN OUT?
THE ELECTION WILL BE A GREAT SUCCESS 8 42.11%
THERE WILL BE NO ELECTION DUE TO CHAOS 3 15.79%
THE ELECTION WILL BE RIGGED AND ILLIGITIMATE 1 5.26%
IT DOESN'T MATTER, SOME NUTCASE AYATOLLAH WILL END UP IN POWER ANWAY 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Iraqi Election Predictions

The big election is coming this weekend in Iraq. What do you guys think will happen. Will the election be successful, or will it be a cluster?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Be American, Buy American!

I think it will be a great success if someone can keep Chappaquidick Ted's big fat ugly mouth shut. That man is a TOTAL IDIOT. Mass. should be ashamed of tollorating this Dumb-ocrate Senator for 40+ years. He needs to retire.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:35 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Gr8 '48 bow tie
I think it will be a great success if someone can keep Chappaquidick Ted's big fat ugly mouth shut. That man is a TOTAL IDIOT. Mass. should be ashamed of tollorating this Dumb-ocrate Senator for 40+ years. He needs to retire.
Needs to retire???? He should be in prison for murder! I can't wait till his liver explodes....will make a pilgriage to his grave to christen it!
Old 01-29-2005, 07:00 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

I hope there is a big turn out. Some talking heads are talking 70-80% of eligable voters, which should embarass us imensely since we can't seem to stir that much interest here in the land of the free.

Can any one come up with an example of a single contribution that Ted Kennedy has made to this country (disregard the Whiskey Industry)?

Trees
Old 01-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

My hopes are high that the election is a success, and the people will truly be able to become a free society. I really believe the true enemy lies in countries like Saudi Arabia, which speaks out of both sides of their mouth. I would have to think that they truly do not want a democratic state in the middle east. They are a Kingdom with a royal family in power. They are still in stone ages, and I'll bet that they are empowering the Iraqi insurgency through the back door.

I really don't believe we have any governmental allies in the middle east anywhere, despite of those that claim to be.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:43 PM

Last journal entry: Heading home
Last photo:

I would have to agree with NAIRB and Trees. I hope it works out and gets better every day. It's tuff to have to wait and see.

I just pray that it settles down and that the Good Lord watches over our guys and gals that are there!

As far as Uncle Teddy...... I wish he never had come to the reception. But every family has one. Maybe one day..........

Pappy
Old 01-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Apparently there was just an explosion by the American Embassy in Iraq........lol

Mike
Old 01-29-2005, 07:12 PM

Last photo:

I hope it goes well and it just might. I have to wonder about the Sunni recognizing an elected government without Sunni representation. On the flipside, most Sunni politicians refused to take part in the election because of the U.S. presence. I think they chose not to because our presence means they don't get to intimidate people, instead we get to intimidate people.

The Kurds also don't want a ****** majority on power, at least they aren't as voilent as the Sunni, yet.

I just don't know 'bout it all.

Larry

You've got to be kidding me, it's Shi..ite not Sh..it.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:49 AM
Be American, Buy American!

Quote:
Originally posted by BT74
Needs to retire???? He should be in prison for murder! I can't wait till his liver explodes....will make a pilgriage to his grave to christen it!
I agree with you 100%, Ft. Levenworth should be his home address. I think he should be tied down and tatooed with a picture of Mary Jo on each hand so that he would have to see her every time he lifts his hands.

Al
Old 01-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Pure American Muscle

Last journal entry: Still Going
Last photo:

My thoughts would be this...

Sunday-Election and every one votes, a few places are bombed
Sunday Night-New leaderships are won, insurgents restless.
Sunday morning -Speeches are made, threats are made.

and then

Sometime Monday...Everyone elected dies...

I want everything to go right but you have to think that just because your in office does not make you or country safer. It is a step in the right direction but I mean these guys are gonna go through hell. They are going to have to be treated like the pope in order to give a speech! O well time will tell...

Chris
Old 01-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Iraq is far more complicated than the news would have you believe.

Sunni Muslims vehemently hate the Shiites, and vice versa. No arab country has ever been controlled by Shiites. The relationship between these groups is a true blood feud.

Iranians are not Arabs, but they are s h i i t e Muslims, many are afraid that the s h i i t e majority will draw closer to Iran and Iraq will fall into a dangerous, repressive theocracy. It is unclear what will end up happening.

Everyone around the world is watching this one. If it goes well, maybe the old monarchys will collapse and new democratic style governments will emerge in the middle east.

Iraq is a country that is divided. The Kurdish people, the Sunni Muslims and the Shiites all are islands unto themselves.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:49 AM

Last photo:

The Kurds are the true wandering nomads that basically own nothing and recognize no borders. They wander into Turkey, Iran, Syria and Northern Saudi Arabia. They occupy an Oasis until it will no longer support them and their live stock (sheep and camels), then pick up and move on. Yes Northern Iraq has the biggest concentration of Kurds and even have a few semi permanent villages. Maybe they make up 5% of the voters and will vote in a few representatives. As NAIRB said, Iran is majority ******, but I think they are considered Arab as well. Yes, it is unsettling for the Arab Nations to have something other than Monolithic form of govt. and the self appointed Kings and Cleric are all checking their hole cards.

My wife made an interesting observation this AM, comparing the Iraqi voters today to the Southern Blacks in the mid 50s when they were trying to vote. Yes, they were being terrorized by more than just the KKK to keep them away from the polls but they still came. There were State Police, FBI, Federal Marshals and Guard troops providing protection , much like our troops and the newly trained Iraqi troops are doing today in Iraq. And many Blacks feared some of their protectors about as much as "others"!!! Have we come a long way or what?

60 % turn out and climbing under the adverse conditions. For shame to all those of this land of the free that do not exercise their right to vote!!

Trees
Old 01-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Learning something every day

Last journal entry: Adding some tunes
Last photo:

So far so good. Thats one hell of a pie in the face of the media. Good turnout, no big terrorist problems so far. The last month the media was saying the whole time it wasn't going to happen, no one was going to vote, everyone was going to die.....Looks like the democrats are having a bad day.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Actually Trees, Iranians are ethnically considered to be Persians, which is a separate lineage from actual Arabs. They are a group unto themselves.

India, Pakistan, Iran (Persia), are more closely related in terms of lineage. It's amazing that there are so many diversities between so many people accross the globe. It's far more intricate than just Black, Brown, White, Red and Yellow.

What is interesting is that the DNA from all of mankind that traces lineage proves that we have all descended quite recently from the same race. Yet we kill each other over race.

As I've said, there is alot more complexities to the middle east than anyone could imagine.

Just think of our own country and the diversity here. Most countries are pretty similar when it comes to differences from one group of people to another.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:21 PM

Last photo:

Brian, I'm about to puke. My wife has had me watching all the different news stations this evening. It is utterly disgusting how different spins are put on the elections. So many people are just plain upset that this phase of the war in Iraq has been just as successful as the other phases. I don't understand how the Dishonorable Ted Kennedy can even appear in public again after being so wrong. And of course, John Kerry had to get back on his stump for 2008 and Peter Jennings just had to close with his usual negative pitch of "Back to war tomorrow...". For some reason or another, our President and team seem to be batting pretty good. Just maybe they operate with a lot more factual information than all the other pundits and elected officials that don't want to recognize the state of affairs.

Trees

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.