Iraqi wedding - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 06:23 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Iraqi wedding

It was a smuggling camp. A halfway house for terrorists and militia men.

EAT THAT LIBERAL MEDIA!

Talk about tails between their legs. They have had that damn story in big bold print taking up the whole page for a week now. That is until today. Now that we have more proof of the real intentions of the Muslim loonies.

Its funny, todays paper had a really small picture, and an even smaller column of the latest on the story. What happend? Why the hush hush all of the sudden? What, yesterday this story was another reason to take Bush out of office, and then magically today it is no big deal. No thanks or apologies to G.W.?

I like how in the local paper, when our troops kill someone in Iraq, the headlines read, "Iraqi protesters slain by U.S. troops...". Then you continue reading and it says, "after the group of protestors fire small arms at U.S. troops".

Any time you take up arms against another soldier, you become a soldier. You are no longer a protestor. Where do they come up with this ****?

And they have to use words like slain. What are they having flashbacks to their pimple faced games of Dungeons and Dragons or something?

Who's side are these f'n liberal columnists on? We ought to hang 'em by what little balls they have and send them over seas.

Next time they want to report about a alleged wedding I'll have a big story for them... The marriage between my foot as their *****!

Last edited by lluciano77; 05-24-2004 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2004, 07:15 PM
just a kid and his truck

Last photo:

^^^
Old 05-24-2004, 07:28 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

They said on the news that the administration believes it was some type of camp, but the photos don't support their beliefs.

Typical of this administration. They regularly report that things are something other than what the facts show.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Seems there are two sides to every story, this one has eyewitnesses and video proof of the existence of the wedding procession as well as the film of the bomb site littered with wedding celebrations and headless children.

BBC story

Video in a slide show.

This looks like damage control to me, guess they weren't counting on living witnesses and actual video footage of the event. I continue to keep an open mind about the whole affair but if you ask me denial and night scope video of guns in a pile does not quite come off as proof when you consider the AP video and the fact that the wedding singer is a famous Iraqi entertainer hired specially for the event.

I guess wanting to know the truth and not accept the propaganda of the US military in the face of overwhelming independant news proof that contradicts the "official" story makes me a "commie liberal".

So be it, better red than dead.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:30 PM

Last photo:

They are smoking weed out of that hookah on the 6th slide!

Like they said bad guys have parties too. The people we are fighting like to use women, children, and innocent looking events to cover up their evil.

The BBC is almost is right in line with the mofos I'm talking about. They are the biggest proganda spreaders. They have been anti-American since day one.

Since when does a wedding party require rocket propelled grenades? What are they doing with the white powder?

Either way with all of the other civilian shields that the Iraqis have used to protect their armies, what do they expect? I'm mean in this case we may never know the whole truth, but we do know that for them it is a commonly used tactic to put women and children in the line of fire.

That is what war is really about not protests or good intentions.

When does our "ugly" American army ever do things like this. We are over there giving aid and support to the same bastards that are coming back and attacking us later.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

It is not the average US citizen "Military supporters" fault, neither is it the average US Soldiers fault for this tragedy. As they say ****** happens during wartime. Lets not forget that there are people that are dead and that they include 13 children from the current estimates, any time innocent lives are lost from a possible mistake you have to stop and take stock of what it is your doing.

What seems to be the problem is the almost complete news blackout that lends a certain atmosphere of "big brotherism" to this whole thing. The AP news service shot the video of the bomb site themselves and there was wedding material all over the entire site. Mind you it was shot the day after, in the morning. Unless there was some busy beavers setting up fake debis that night it seems to be completely authentic. The death and identification of certain members on the video seems to corroborate the story also. No one is denying the number dead, AP news also identified the children as belonging to family members in the hosptials.

Those are the facts as I find them on the net. It wouldn't surprise me that the wedding was used as cover for an "exchange" point for passports, weapons, money etc. As for the drugs...well it was a wedding wasn't it? Tell me you have never attended a celebratory function and didn't see someone smoking a joint in the parking lot.

The sooner the UN becomes involved the better from an international point of view.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:20 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
The sooner the UN becomes involved the better from an international point of view.
As much as we disagree on this subject, I do have to say I totally agree with that statement.

Our military did a kick ***** job but they're not set up or trained for nation building. It's time to let that useless congregation of blow-hards have a go at setting up a workable government. I doubt they'll succeed but we should give them a chance anyway.

Centerline
Old 05-25-2004, 07:21 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

I try to stay out of these discussions because of the real knowledge that was supposed to have been flushed when I retired. But look back to the Iran-Iraq war when the "leadership" of both countries were sending 12-15 year old "men" (children) to the front lines. Also, family members accompanied the soldiers to provide a lot of the support required for their spartan armies to operate. Where was the world outcries when the Iraqui leadership was using chemical warfare on these front lines, killing many women and children? Fortunately or unfortunately, I have too much knowledge not to trust the USArmy's side of this story. Pictures of supposedly victims 250 miles away from the scene should not carry much weight, particualrly in this day and age of computer generated pictures and videos. Most likely, time will sort this event out, but you can bet we will all have a hard time finding the fine print when we learn AP has egg on it's face, but if the Army is wrong, this will be the biggest story of the year.

Trees
Old 05-25-2004, 07:31 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

I have to weigh in on this one.
Chuck, you and I are very much alike, yet very different. We both look for what we percieve as the facts. We both look to the available media, and try to decipher the propaganda. I guess our political affiliations skew both YOURS AND MY judgements.
I find it truly amazing that EVEN IN THE BBC REPORT that THEY SAY that the information is UNCONFIRMED, that people will congregate to this video and decide it is true. If the media showed you a video of it "raining fire", but said it was unconfirmed, would you believe it, or think it was fabricated?
You are way too smart. I'm not trying to flame you, by any means. But I think you are falling prey to the media attention grabbers that do one thing. SELL the NEWS. If the AP doesn't create a stir, there will be another news agency that will. They take a half truth, in the guise of "Letting the public decide" and it turns into "fact, but not proven". Look at the numberous times that the media has misreported, then blamed it on "their sources". C'mon.
Now, lets make a few suppositions. Just suppose, that the wedding party consisted of Militants. Would it be just? Lets suppose that the children were the Militant's children, and in the name of Allah, they were there to learn and aid in the Holy War against the Tyranical Americans. At what age is a child considered an adult, when they routinely carry a weapon? One fully capable of pulling the trigger against a soldier. Or a woman that can strap a bomb to her belly and become a martyr?
You are asking that the US fight the War fair, but allow the Iraqi's to use guerilla tactics. Then, the next breath say that too many US soldiers are being killed.
Sorry if this post sounds like a flame, but I am just as frustrated as you are. No ill will intended. Just illustrating a separate point of view.

I TRULY BELIEVE that if France and Germany had not put up "Roadblocks" in the UN, we would not have this situation. Remember that they BOTH SOLD CHEMICALS used with WMD to Iraq, that is DOCUMENTED with VALID receipts. France also utilized an illegal (UN Sanction) oil pipeline. So after almost TWO YEARS of deflecting the US invasion, do you think that it is POSSIBLE that they had enough time to scour the countryside of WMD. Perhaps a peek inside France and Germany may yield the answers.
Do the math.
France+WMD chemicals +Illegal oil pipeline+ Delay= Clean Iraq

The US would be better off without "Allies" such as France. No one seems to remember history very well. Anyone remember an Excocet missile that found its way into the bulkhead of a US warship? Who STARTED Vietnam? They don't remember a beach in Normandy, where 10,000+ US soldiers lie in their graves,eternally protecting them. They obviously didn't seem to mind Swastikas painted on their doors,why did the US? Anytime we are involved with the French, we get boned.

As far as the US limiting media; I feel that the media should be handled by military reporters. Whether it be UN reporters, US Military, or any CONTRIBUTING country. The first words from your mouth/fingers will say its US propaganda. Yes it is. Undeniable. But should it be freelance media hounds trying to fabricate headlines? Is that not propaganda? Is that not BLOOD MONEY? Lets remember the simple premise of what media is based upon. MONEY. If they don't scoop the headline, they are not read/watched. The advertisers go to the media in which the masses view. So the short of it is that if they don't "make news", they don't make money. So if the news is handled more accurately, or even if it were showing US in a positive light, would that not create UNITY ? Wouldn't UNITY create more public support ? More support = shorter WARS , my friend. Get in and get it done. War sucks. We SHOULDN'T have to do this in this day in age, but remember from where we came, slinging clubs and stones. Its in our societal DNA to conquer, or dominate opinions that we feel are not conducive to our society.

But thats just my "take" on the situation.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:57 AM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Red face

Quote:
They are smoking weed out of that hookah on the 6th slide!
You are assuming a lot aren't you? Why does it have to be weed they're smoking? a lot of religions use various types of tobaccos and dried plants in their ceremonies. I think it's presumptuous of anyone to assume they are smoking weed. And even if it is weed, how do you know that it's not an accepted practice in their culture to smoke marijuana out of a shared pipe? Our own native peoples did much the same thing with peyote, and other various plants including tobacco.

Chickie.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:19 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chick
.....And even if it is weed, how do you know that it's not an accepted practice in their culture to smoke marijuana out of a shared pipe?
More likely opium.

Centerline
Old 05-25-2004, 08:43 AM

Last photo:

There will always be an arguement since people believe one of the many stories given, and only one of them (or some cases none) are even close to what actually happened.

So what's the use? We'll never really 'know'.

MoocH
Old 05-25-2004, 03:44 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

i agree with everyoneexcept about the weed. you gotta read btwn the lines as well. centerline, you usually hit the snail on the head, what would they be doing with any fine bud over there in poppy land anyway!! obviously opium! 4jaw! shame on you! stoned chiuahahaha would be so proud! but the saying was; better Dead than Red! (you better be winking!)
Old 05-25-2004, 06:16 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chick
You are assuming a lot aren't you? Why does it have to be weed they're smoking? a lot of religions use various types of tobaccos and dried plants in their ceremonies. I think it's presumptuous of anyone to assume they are smoking weed. And even if it is weed, how do you know that it's not an accepted practice in their culture to smoke marijuana out of a shared pipe? Our own native peoples did much the same thing with peyote, and other various plants including tobacco.

Chickie.
I say it "has to be weed" because I have a lot of friends that are Arabic. All of the old men and the "gentlemen" smoke weed at gatherings and discussions. It is like the old tradition for us to offer someone a drink or a cigarette at a business meeting. They aren't getting wasted, they are smoking moderately. Really. It is socialy acceptable.

You see, in my posts you never see me talk trash about the Arabic people or the Muslims. I just mention the extremists.

By the way, weed in their language is called Alaf. Like short sounding A + laugh. Don't ask me why I know this!

...And who the heck is this new guy? Looks like a fruity smiley. He is even light in the loafers.

Last edited by lluciano77; 05-25-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:51 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Whoops!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.