Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - iroc tuned port problem
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I had this same problem in my Trans Am. I had already changed all my vacuum hoses, checked the O2 sensor, Had taken the upper intake off to clean it (mouse nest) as well so it had new gaskets; I also had rebuilt the distributor. I still had an idle drop out issue at random. The only constant was that IF it was going to have an idle drop out issue, it was apparent as soon as I started the car; it wouldn't just pop up if I had driven the car for an hour. I took it to a garage that had a guy who was a GM wrench back in the 80s and is familiar with this setup. He cleaned the IAC, checked the MAF, cleaned it; checked the data stream for the O2 sensor, checked the PCV setup, and all accessible gakets. And we replaced the TPS with a Delco unit he had on the shelf. It was the computer, but I got one from the local junkyard for $35 and we swapped it out to test. Rather than trust a used one from a car with no windows that sat in the rain; I got one from TPIParts.net