Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - iron performance heads for SBC
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 07:25 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Since no one is answering, I'll take a stab at it. I really don't know Vettes but I thought your year had the L-98 aluminum heads on it, I guess not. What do your have...TPI heads? In any event, do you want to save alot of bucks and gain 50 horsepower? Then you hit the nail on the head with that roller cam! How about getting a book from the "master" David Vizard (14 bucks) and port those heads that you already have (one hunders bucks give or take and that includes the supplies AND electric die grinder but not the 2 six packs of beer!)Then how about a lets say, 215 degree duration with .510" lift, give or take, roller cam? What a nice, nasty littly street roller cam that would be and it would fully compliment that few nights work that you did, porting your stock heads! Thats 50 horse power, my friend and the best part is, it's for around 500 bucks! The motor would idle nicely and have great street manners and when you hit the throttle, she'd pull like a freight train! Good luck