Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Iron stains in my driveway, remove?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:00 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Actually Ospho worked the best on rust stained concret...I just tried it and the bowl cleaner on my driveway...I poured a little ospho and toilet cleaner and waited about two minutes (about the time it took to find a brush) I couldnt find a brush so I used a toilet brush,gave them both a quick scrub and to my surprize they BOTH worked but the ospho worked twice as well.. I know a little about Ospho I use it all the time on rust so I know it removes rust it also converts it thats where the black stuff comes in it only turns black if you wet it and leave it doing nothing to remove the rust.
So the trick is NOT to let the ospho dry ,Pour it on let it sit a minute then scub a little and hose it off,simple and cheap too, ospho only costs about 15.00 a Qt....The toilet cleaner also works just not as well,just be sure to rinse them off well...now I'm going to go clean the rust stains out of my fiber glass shower...metal working is a blast but it will leave rust spots on the shower floor and I just remodeled my bathroom so the shower is new and full of rust..
I knew something would get it out but nobody knew what ,Now we know ...I can take pics if you want to see the results...