Hot Rod Forum banner

Its getting a little scary in the garage

584 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  junkyardjeff 
#1 ·
As I am finishing welding in the last patch on the pass quarter on my 55 sunliner and I should have it smoothed in a couple of weeks and will be time for a exhaust and alignment. I have a couple NOS front fenders but they are beat up a little so I bought was what was supposed to be two decent used 55 fenders with the holes for the fairlane trim but the bastard sent me a 56 mainline drivers and a 55 customline pass front that had the holes for the customline trim badly filled and holes for fairlane trim drilled for using other then original clips,they are decent fenders comparerd to what is around ohio but I wanted 55 fairlane fenders. I trusted who I bought them to get me what I wanted and did not unwrap them for over a year after I bought them but that was a mistake and I did send him a email but never heard anything back so it looks like I will have to spend a couple weeks going over them as I will use them untill I get the NOS fenders hammered out by someone with more experience them me. I cant wait to get a exhaust on it so I can see if the new motor is not making any noises and I hope it does not as I heard nothing but bad remarks from the builder as I should of checked into him further but if its not any good I have a rebuilt 460 that will go in it. Jeff

#3 ·
I do not have a digital camera so I cant post any pics but its gettig close to driving,I am going to drive it with primer spots for a while so I can see how my body work will hold up an in a couple years I will take it apart so I can remove all the trim for paint,upholstery and a new top. I started on it during the winter of 99 to replace some of the floors and one rocker panel along with a few of the body supports that tie in with the inner rockers but since decided to upgrade the drivetrain and add disc brakes and lower it a bit. This 55 looked good as it had shiney paint but since it was a ohio car there was more then I thought but the body work is about done and it would of cost me a fortune to have it done but it should be driveable by memorial day. Before it comes back aprt for paint I have to put a decent drivetrain and suspension in my 37 chevy p/u. Jeff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.