Its Time..... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 04:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Its Time.....

Hi All! Glad I found this site its great. Which leads me to why I was searching for some help on something I have had now for 26 yrs this Dec. Although I never needed to do this until now, but I wanted to give the old girl something different. In 1980 I bought my first hotrod, a 1971 Z28. Just awesome at the time. It had a one-piece flip front end and a paint job that was talked about all the time. Well in about 1989 I decided I was going to rebuild it, oh not just the engine, the whole car. Thought it would be a good investment since I had kids and knew someday they too would be looking into the hot rod craze. Anyway, I tore the whole car down to the frame and actually ordered all the new parts through Classic Camaro. What a trip that was getting parts every day. Well I enlisted the help of a good buddy and a master welder to get this project going. Well we did and did we. Six weeks later we had the car built minus the engine and tranny and painted and sitting on the trailor cause I was moving to another state. This is not something I would ever do again. We worked around the clock getting this done. Beat is not the word for it either. The crazy thing is.....I still have the car with the fancy paint job and all but I thought it needed another motor to get her back on the road for the next generation (the kids). I had the time of my life in that car and well...I am going to pass it down to them. Thats why I did all I did to it years ago. So It's Time now to get it ready. Its been a long time since I did this type of engine rebuild so I hope I can find a few here to help me out on a few things. Be looking for me!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Welcome to the site ZMaster. Quite the story you have to tell your kids. Make sure to get them out in the garage to help you rebuild an engine and install it. You will all remember these times forever. Good luck with your project.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:44 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Thanks

Thanks Home Brew for the comments and the encouragement. I am probably gonna need all I can get. Kids are in college so I think I will probably have to go this one on my own right now. I already bought a 350 bored 40 over. 010 block. Also have the old camel hump heads that I had on the last motor. Still have it....a 327 out of a vette. But I wanted more cubes so I went with the 358 I guess you would say. The heads have a 2.02 - 1.60 valves in it and getting ready for freshing up. My delima is what to go with for a cam and intake. I want something very streetable with power yet do want to watch the gas gas go down as fast...somehow I don't think its all that possible...LOL. Thought about going with a Performer Intake to help it out a little. Basically, I am looking for anyones suggestion on this. Or someone who has this same engine. I need some gear heads with more knowledge than me. As for the 327, my daughter wants to rebuild it for her future hotrod. Well gosh if anyone out there can give me some insight or a good set up combination please don't hesitate to string me along on the ride of information. I can use anything I get. Thanks Home Brew!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 11:28 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Body and exterior tips Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

As this is the Introduction forum you really should post your engine questions in the Engine forum. You will get a lot more exposure there and the members that build engines will have a lot of info for you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.