It's that time of the year again... - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
It's shady under this tree...

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It's that time of the year again...

Hey all,

I know I tend to pop in just for advice, and I feel indebted to you all for pointing me in the right direction. This site has been a great help for when I sinmply cannot find the answer on my own.

I have a new question, and this revolves around marital bliss. My own vehicles, from my F150 to my new cheap-on-gas daily Hyindai have no issues with the A/C. Personally I much prefer rolling down the window and throing an elbow out than slididing the dial to blue. But this is a different story with my wife and the tribe-mobile.

About two years ago the heater in the front quit working, followed by the rear heater the next year. This past summer the A/C quit. I went to Wally-World and picked up some refridgerant, but realized that none was really needed according to the guage. The compressor cycles on and off as it should, but there is absolutely no air coming out the vents. There is air coming out, but it's not hot when it's cold outside, and not cold when it's hot outside. And before I decide to tear into the dash and figure out what is going on, I come to you all.

The vehicle in question is a 2000 Ford Windstar LX with the 3.8 liter. It has dual climate controls on it also. Again, the A/C mechanically speaking looks like it is working. The blower motors work at all speeds, both front and rear.

I plan on draining the radiator and back flushing it this weekend as well as changing the thermostat. Hopefully that will fix the heat issues. As for the A/C, my wife says fix it or it goes to the local shop. I guess in woman talk that means I sleep on the couch and hang my head in shame anytime I see a car with the hood open.

Oh yeah, I hope this is in the right section.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 12:37 AM

Last photo:

A shop I worked at had a Chevy truck come in with the same problem, A/C system was full and blower worked but no air out the vents,turns out a lot of vehicles have ventilation filters.In this case the filter was plugged to the max so changed it out and made a happy customer!
Old 03-08-2009, 05:57 AM
It's shady under this tree...

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB
A shop I worked at had a Chevy truck come in with the same problem, A/C system was full and blower worked but no air out the vents,turns out a lot of vehicles have ventilation filters.In this case the filter was plugged to the max so changed it out and made a happy customer!
I replaced the cabin filter back in December. It was a bit dirty, but it made no change in the climate control.

When I had the same issue with my truck, I pulled the heater core out and flushed it. Since Windstars are an amazing pain to remove the front core, I think I'll end up back flushing the whole system. Hopefully that will fix the heat issue. But with the A/C issue, I am still perplexed.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.