Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Garage - Tools (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/garage-tools/)
-   -   It's what's inside. (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/its-whats-inside-37576.html)

ChevelleSS_LS6 04-12-2004 09:01 AM

It's what's inside.

What's inside: 1940 Chevrolet Master Deluxe Coupe

What's outside: Old 1 stall, POS

What's good: It's on my street about a 1/4 mile away from home in the suburbs of Grand Rapids Michigan.

The not good: the garage is falling in and resting on the car's roof.

What I need help with: 1. Get the guy to let the car go. 2. Get the car out of the garage, or peel the garage off of the car- without hurting the car.

ChevelleSS_LS6 04-12-2004 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the garage

ChevelleSS_LS6 04-12-2004 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks guys for I.D.ing it as a '40:)

60convert 04-12-2004 09:12 AM

garage

looks like b 4 he restores that he will have to build a new garage, hopefully he doesn't diebe 4 that happens. good luck getting it from him cause it looks like he is gonna start working on it next year lol
Jesse

adtkart 04-12-2004 05:01 PM

I would go there and make an offer to clean up the mess in exchange for the car.

ChevelleSS_LS6 04-19-2004 06:16 AM

One side of the garage is bulging out like some sort of mutated oversized sideways Ram Air III hood scoop. I'm suprised by the condition, knowing it's here in the Rust Belt, and how the roof is still up on it. Very original appearance, too.:)

Maybe he should sell the car, call the garage lost, and use the money to fix his house. I'll take a picture of it soon.

lowROLLERchevy 04-19-2004 06:46 AM

offer the guy a horrible horrible sob story (mother whos dieing of cancer used to drive a car like that when she was young and you want to get one before she finaly kicks over, just to see her smile one last time before her 60 yr smoking habit takes her)

then offer to pay 500 and to tear down the old garage and make everything tidy

recruit all your buddys w/ chainsaws w/ pizza payment and go over there and demolish that garage in an hour, give him all the other chit out of the garage, tow the car away and come backf for the firewood and go turn the garage to ash in a feild some place

the sob story is best done if you have an ancient woman sitting in the front seat of your car ....preferably an ancient woman that looks already dead and doesnt smile at all either ... rent an old bag from the old folks home if u have to ....

sounds like a horrible sin .... i know ... but its more of a sin to let that car sit like that another 5 minutes

BstMech 04-19-2004 09:16 AM

You mean after all this time, you still haven't gone up and talked to the 'ol guy? :confused:

Gearhead forever 04-19-2004 10:29 AM

I like that little twig of a stick against the wall to shore up the wall...

ChevelleSS_LS6 04-19-2004 10:36 AM

I could post his adress and stuff and you guys could contact him. I just want the car to be put to good use. I have nowhere for it, no time or money either. I'm not sure if he has a phone...:drunk:

on second thought, that might rattle his cage a bit much...:rolleyes:

lowROLLERchevy 04-19-2004 11:09 AM

make up a story, knock on his door ... throw urself a pity part and talk him into selling u the car for as little as u think he would take

lie
Lie
LIE !

just dont cheat or steal ..... cheating and stealing is wrong .....mmmmmmkay !

but even if u dont want that car, would take u another 7 days to have it sold on ebay ... maybe another week to have the new buyer at ur door .... at least turn a profit on it urself if u dont want it

and for all those who are gonna btch that im incouraging someone to lie .... just remember ..... MANY MANY old cars have been saved using the "imma restore it just like it was new" line .... just to get a car out of a farmers field before the OTHER 1/2 of the car managed to rot away too .... im sure one or 2 of YOU guys have had to tell a car lie once in ur life ... i know i have

Rodded is better then ROTTED !

Quote:

Originally posted by Gearhead forever
I like that little twig of a stick against the wall to shore up the wall...
ive seen sticks like that hold up walls before ... even kicked one out once ... almost got myself crushed when i realized that stick was truely the straw that was HOLDING UP the camels back ... never underestimate something thats "to small" for the job .... it might be all thats needed to get the job done :thumbup:

ChevelleSS_LS6 05-02-2004 02:57 PM

geez, I must have alot of balls for poking my head through that window for some pics.:rolleyes:

Kevin45 05-03-2004 03:29 PM

Why not ask him yourself if he is interested in getting rid of it and how much if he is. Then if he is, then let someone know. If he is not interested in getting rid of it then no one else will be bothering with him.

Kevin

daimon1054 05-03-2004 04:58 PM

Go tell him you'll take down the garage and hall off the POS old cluncker for him and you will only charge him $1000 buck to do it.:eek: :mwink: :evil:

ChevelleSS_LS6 05-05-2004 06:49 AM

hey, I like that idea... haul off "the rubbish" and assume the car is rubbish. I'd pick the car out of the real rubbish though. I'd have fallen out of the retard tree and hit every branch going down if I didn't.:spank:

I didn't ask the guy yet. He's pretty mysterious, I hardly see him outside. Personally I'm kind of freaked about him. But maybe he's a Finding Forrester kind of guy or what ever that sean connery movie was with some kids in the city and this bookworm in an apartment.