Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   I've had enough, I'm goin fishin (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/ive-had-enough-im-goin-fishin-120016.html)

Bluepen 07-12-2007 04:41 PM

I've had enough, I'm goin fishin

The past two months have been nothing but hell in a hand basket. Worked my tail off to get my '46 Panel done and on the road so I could keep a promise to my daughter that I would pick her up her last day of school. The school is still upset about the burn out in front of the school. No I did it away from any of the kids don't worry. But now it's off the road again waiting on a new radiator to come in for that because of over heating problems. Worked three major structure fires, two homes and a barracks. It's done nothing but rain for the last month. Worked evacuations, water rescues, several recoveries of victims. A friend was washed off a bridge in a flash flood at night, he never saw it coming, took two days to find him. Passed over for promotion at the station again, a good 'ole boy got it, but I did get promoted to Asst manager at the the part time job so thats cool. It finally stopped raining so I could get my lawn mowed today, it was so tall I had to mow it twice. Once to get down where I could see where I was going and the second to get down to normal. Almost called a friend with a baler for help on that. So yes I've had enough, I'm goin fishin'.
I'm leaving for Casper, WY on Sunday so if anyone is in the area just look for the red Chevy 3/4T 4X4 with TX plates on the North Platte river from Capser south to the miracle mile. I'll be in the river with fly rod in hand so stop by and say Hi or grab a rod and on in. I really need this break. :pain:

Bryan59EC 07-12-2007 05:49 PM

I know exactly how you feel.
Hadda take the engine out of the 59-----for repairs
Lightning strike killed my pc-----got a new one
My ISP won't work with Vista
My father is very ill ---------had an episode today----he lives in LV nev.
Had to finish a co-workers project----I had 2 days to do it----he had 3mo and never touched it---and then had to go support another plant :pain:
No hardware---parts list---air parts-------nothin

Hope you get some relaxation in

Bryan

ChevyTruckGuy 07-12-2007 06:55 PM

I got demoted to being the house man! really sucks. Watching T.V washing clothes doing the dishes keep the yard up, keep the kid out of trouble this summer. no free time jobs 24-7. To hot to play with anything. Oh heck what you going to do!!

Craig

dinger 07-12-2007 08:10 PM

Fishing is good for the mind and soul, not a whole lot more relaxing than going fishing. I am a lazy fisherman, love to go out in the boat, drop a line, put my feet up and relax in a rocking boat, somewhat like a rocking chair. Now if I could only find a place in Ca. where I could do that like I did as a kid in Mn. Blue, catch a bunch, shore lunch time. :thumbup: Dan