Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - I've had enough, I'm goin fishin
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Just a firefighter

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod
Last journal entry: New rear rollpan installed
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I've had enough, I'm goin fishin

The past two months have been nothing but hell in a hand basket. Worked my tail off to get my '46 Panel done and on the road so I could keep a promise to my daughter that I would pick her up her last day of school. The school is still upset about the burn out in front of the school. No I did it away from any of the kids don't worry. But now it's off the road again waiting on a new radiator to come in for that because of over heating problems. Worked three major structure fires, two homes and a barracks. It's done nothing but rain for the last month. Worked evacuations, water rescues, several recoveries of victims. A friend was washed off a bridge in a flash flood at night, he never saw it coming, took two days to find him. Passed over for promotion at the station again, a good 'ole boy got it, but I did get promoted to Asst manager at the the part time job so thats cool. It finally stopped raining so I could get my lawn mowed today, it was so tall I had to mow it twice. Once to get down where I could see where I was going and the second to get down to normal. Almost called a friend with a baler for help on that. So yes I've had enough, I'm goin fishin'.
I'm leaving for Casper, WY on Sunday so if anyone is in the area just look for the red Chevy 3/4T 4X4 with TX plates on the North Platte river from Capser south to the miracle mile. I'll be in the river with fly rod in hand so stop by and say Hi or grab a rod and on in. I really need this break.