Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Iwata air gunsa review
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:04 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 widetrack View Post
Sata's are good clear guns depending on the model. Your 1.4 tip may be your problem...try a 1.3 for clear. If you use a heavy bodied clear it needs to be broken up more and you can achieve this with a smaller air cap and needle. All I use in my Sata's for clear is the 1.3 tip.

I still like the old Devilbus technology for clear as well, the GTI is an excellent choice for the heavy bodied clear coats.

Ray
actually, Ray the 1.3 tip is only good for clears that are reduced or med solid clears for the good high solid clears you need a 1.4(the thicker the material the bigger the tip) you cant atomize the material better if you cant get the material out of the gun,right? I use a Sata 1.3 for my base and reduced clear but when I use the good HS clears my Iwata 1.4 does the job best..
My Iwata has been in use for about 8 yrs and lately its giving me a little trouble ,its getting a little wore out so I've been looking to replace it I'll be going with a devilbis TECNA for around 450-500.00 it comes with three tips and sounds promising They'll be sending me a gun to demo and know I'll be comparing it to the Sata and Iwata and if it dont preform at least as well it'll be sent back...The man I talked too said he knows my guns well and has been painting for years and thinks I'll love this gun, to date hes only had one come back from a demo...Then I called my buddy Barry K and he said hes heard a lot of good things about these guns and nothing bad, so Im going for it and with any luck I'll be a devilbus fan again...I'll let yall know all about it after I spray a ca ror two