Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Iwata LH 1.4 400 Copy pics and review
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 01:02 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab
Thanks Ken! I may get one of these LVLP guns over the HVHP gun because I have a cheap compressor. In your opinion, will this gun have enough volume to paint a car? Have you tried your gun?
Tab,
Like Earl I've only blown water through the guns to make sure they work. Well, also I did a crude check on air consumption at 50psi inlet pressure which is probably way high for this gun anyway. At that pressure the gun seems to consume a bit more air than a Sharpe Platinum which is - or was - the king of low air consumption. At the inlet pressure it should be used at (30-ish psi?) , perhaps the consumption will be lower still - either way it should work great with a small compressor unlike air hogs like the Finishline series or any Sata or the Sharpe T1 etc etc.
as far as being able to paint a whole car - no doubt! It produces a nice large fan, should be perfect. Quality of finish - dunno about that yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this gun performs as well as the average $200 gun.
Ken.

Hey, what are you doing on the internet on Christmas day?