Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Iwata LH 1.4 400 Copy pics and review
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2006, 04:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well figured I would give an update since I used my ebay zhipp w400 iwata copy on a hood I had a small repair and clear. Still haven't gotten a chance to use it on a complete, but probably will have one coming soon. This simple repair was a major headache for me, one of those things were nothing goes right, but that was mostly user error and reducer choice for the base with the conditions. I ended up buying more clear and respraying it, but last night went off with only a few minor hitches like a few droplets of water from gun in the second coat of clear and some minor dirt nibs I have yet to buff out. The w400 did clog the vent hole and wasn't thinking the first time I tried painting, why it wasn't spraying right, but that should have been a minor thing. The clear is nason 496 with the high temp activator, not yet touched with the buffer. So far I say the gun is worth the money I paid for it. No fisheyes this time like I got a few of in the bumper and fenders I painted with the gun last year, but I cleaned the gun out well since painting that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hood1.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	11949   Click image for larger version

Name:	hood2.JPG
Views:	524
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	11950