The Iwata LH 1.4 400 Copy pics and review - Page 10 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2005, 08:08 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Devilbiss HVLP

I found this site which has some good prices on Devilbiss HVLP guns.

http://www.spraygundepot.com/scripts/depot.exe?pgm=gunsdepotgate.bbx

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2005, 08:14 AM

Last photo:

The ZHIPP Low Volume GUN does not compare to the IWATA LPH400-LV if you check the pics. It is not an IWATA and you are not going to get an IWATA for the price of the TUULSHED GUN which is less then $50. If the gun cost anymore then that then it is not worth it - because it comes from CHINA and is suppose to be CHEAP.

The Fit and finish on the LOW VOLUME TUULSHED AIR CAP is not top shelf - matter of fact it is obvious that it is a below $50 gun. That is what it is a cheap economy gun. Again look at the business end and know the fit and finish are SUPERB on the IWATA. The IWATA obviously sprays better for my opinion. Business END of the Spray Gun and only a blind person could not see the difference.

I am not sure but think and believe even STEVIE WONDER could see the difference.

The Tuulshed Low Volume looks like an IWATA in some external features but it is a PORKY HEAVYWEIGHT for feel and is actually noticably heavier - less balanced.

There is no comparing them for the EXCELLENT Trigger Control offered from the IWATA.

THE IWATA LPH400-LV is My FAVORITE PAINT GUN.
If I were to make a suggested change to the IWATA then it would be to go to more durable "air cap retaining threads" like found on a SATA. Just a suggestion.

Pattern done with AutoAirColors reduced with water.
Paper size is 9"x12". Not bad for an under $50 gun.
The pattern is still semi-wet in the pics and the paper is curling around but the center pattern shot is about dialed in. The paper is right at 12 inches tall.

This paint gun is not in the CLASS of the IWATA! Sorry but you are not going to get an EXACT COPY of an IWATA for less then $50.
Is it impressive for under $50 = YES. But again it is not an IWATA.
A similar review at the P2 Forum for the Tuulshed Low Volume gun:
http://p2forum.proboards56.com/index...ead=1133633359

I do like the red ZHIPP R31 Mini Gun - copy of the Iwata LPH50. The purple K3 gun from Harbor Freight was a disappointment because it was assembled with sealant that interferes with the actual operation. It is also different for the way it is assembled and the components used in it.

The fan control was inoperable because of sealant and the trigger was sticking on the Harbor Freight model because of excessive sealant. POOR ASSEMBLY - Bad Results. However it did work fairly well after cleaning and the cost was only $7.99 at the local Harbor Freight.

Review of mini guns:
http://p2forum.proboards56.com/index...ead=1133294471

I liked the R31 mini gun from Tuulshed and it worked properly out of the box. The Harbor Freight mini LPH50 copy required a complete tear down and disassembly for cleaning. A new paint gun should not have to be torn down that far - all due to sloppy assembly in CHINA.

Oh and if you want to READ the P2 Forum then you will have to register.

So Barry if Tuulshed is selling the same basic COPY TYPE paint gun for $35 then how much is your friend charging YOU for these COPIED TYPE paint guns?

Why don't you order a TUULSHED gun and compare it for yourself - share your impressions with the forum for the Tuulshed gun VS Your Friend's Gun? Compare Copy against Copy.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:35 AM

Last photo:

The issue is not price. If you import a container you can get the basic gun from 30-50 manufactures.
For a fact I know on this copy prices range from $8.00 - $37.00 (400)
plus freight but thats not more than a $1 difference per gun because of amount of guns.

Only reason I would get involved is if there is a quality difference that is not available.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab
Ken: Couldn't find that aluminum cup gun at TuulShed, you told me about. I don't like the looks of the Harbor Freight guns either.

?
tab,
Here you go. This is the one I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LVLP-LOW-VOLUME-...QQcmdZViewItem

Ken
Old 12-25-2005, 10:03 AM

Last photo:

Thanks Ken! I may get one of these LVLP guns over the HVHP gun because I have a cheap compressor. In your opinion, will this gun have enough volume to paint a car? Have you tried your gun?
Old 12-25-2005, 10:24 AM

Last photo:

ZHIPP R31 Mini Gun

Timer: Where did you get that ZHIPP R31 Mini Gun?
Old 12-25-2005, 11:30 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab
Timer: Where did you get that ZHIPP R31 Mini Gun?
Tab , I'm not Timer but The R31 came from tool shed also I have both the LVLP and the R31 , I have not got a chance to try ether yet but I do like the reports I read about.

Take Care
Earl
Old 12-25-2005, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tab
Thanks Ken! I may get one of these LVLP guns over the HVHP gun because I have a cheap compressor. In your opinion, will this gun have enough volume to paint a car? Have you tried your gun?
Tab,
Like Earl I've only blown water through the guns to make sure they work. Well, also I did a crude check on air consumption at 50psi inlet pressure which is probably way high for this gun anyway. At that pressure the gun seems to consume a bit more air than a Sharpe Platinum which is - or was - the king of low air consumption. At the inlet pressure it should be used at (30-ish psi?) , perhaps the consumption will be lower still - either way it should work great with a small compressor unlike air hogs like the Finishline series or any Sata or the Sharpe T1 etc etc.
as far as being able to paint a whole car - no doubt! It produces a nice large fan, should be perfect. Quality of finish - dunno about that yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if this gun performs as well as the average $200 gun.
Ken.

Hey, what are you doing on the internet on Christmas day?
Old 12-25-2005, 12:52 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_c
Hey, what are you doing on the internet on Christmas day?
The only family I give a dame about, are far away. The ones that I hate are within driving distance. That might be to my advantage if I ever go postal though.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timer
Review of mini guns:
http://p2forum.proboards56.com/index...ead=1133294471

I liked the R31 mini gun from Tuulshed and it worked properly out of the box. The Harbor Freight mini LPH50 copy required a complete tear down and disassembly for cleaning. A new paint gun should not have to be torn down that far - all due to sloppy assembly in CHINA.

Oh and if you want to READ the P2 Forum then you will have to register.

So Barry if Tuulshed is selling the same basic COPY TYPE paint gun for $35 then how much is your friend charging YOU for these COPIED TYPE paint guns?

Why don't you order a TUULSHED gun and compare it for yourself - share your impressions with the forum for the Tuulshed gun VS Your Friend's Gun? Compare Copy against Copy.
Well I was looking for this gun from TUULSHED but I could not find the Red one anymore. I see they have a mini in GREEN and one that is POLISHED. I am looking over both of them right now and just might possibly order one tonight. I will let you guys know what I find.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:03 PM

I just noticed something from the pics Timer provided.

If you look he was comparing to the LPH which is from what I hear an AWESOME gun. But if you look the air cap on the REAL IWATA W400 it is much closer to the copy except for the fact that the air holes in the gold ring are the same size on the copy and different sizes on the real thing. So this might be that its an exact copy of this gun. Which would make it in theory a great primer gun wouldnt it? I couldnt find pics to post but here is a link to an ebay auction that shows a nice pic of the W400 Air cap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/IWATA...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-07-2006, 03:11 PM

Hopefully this is my last post I been trying to do some research on all this stuff right now before I make some new tool purchases for work.

I was looking through what TUULSHED carries and found that most of their products look the same as the ones pictured below and are probably manufactured by this chinese company called RONGPENG. Check their stuff out at www.rongpeng.com

Old 01-08-2006, 06:47 AM

w400

nice catch silver. so the w400 clone does have a similar appearing tip to the real thing. This the r31 clone so similar to the real thing too. I wonder that if Iwata would sell a knockoff of their own gun for less than $100 if they could eliminate all of the no name clones. Wouldnt the $400 guys still buy the top of the line anyway and develop brand loyalty. Isnt this the point of the chevy cavalier?
Old 05-03-2006, 03:49 PM

Last photo:

Well figured I would give an update since I used my ebay zhipp w400 iwata copy on a hood I had a small repair and clear. Still haven't gotten a chance to use it on a complete, but probably will have one coming soon. This simple repair was a major headache for me, one of those things were nothing goes right, but that was mostly user error and reducer choice for the base with the conditions. I ended up buying more clear and respraying it, but last night went off with only a few minor hitches like a few droplets of water from gun in the second coat of clear and some minor dirt nibs I have yet to buff out. The w400 did clog the vent hole and wasn't thinking the first time I tried painting, why it wasn't spraying right, but that should have been a minor thing. The clear is nason 496 with the high temp activator, not yet touched with the buffer. So far I say the gun is worth the money I paid for it. No fisheyes this time like I got a few of in the bumper and fenders I painted with the gun last year, but I cleaned the gun out well since painting that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hood1.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	11949   Click image for larger version

Name:	hood2.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	11950  
Old 05-03-2006, 05:07 PM
X711

Last photo:

Ken, that looks pretty good indeed. I reckon most rodders would
be very pleased to get results like that even from using a higher
end gun as opposed to a lower cost one.

What pressure were you running the gun at ?

Would you think the gun would be suitable for continued shop use !

><

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.