The Iwata LH 1.4 400 Copy pics and review - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2005, 12:31 PM
The Penny Pincher

Last journal entry: Hanging Bumpers
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrmccabe
E-bay would spank there butt for that

Haha.

I have never participated in such a transaction Well maybe...
Actually, Ebay has a "second chance offer" they stand behind.
It's perfectly legit!!!
Sometimes a buyer backs out and the seller has the option to go to the last highest bidder. It happens all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2005, 12:49 PM

Last photo:

I will say this from the sidelines.

The price tool shed charged for that gun, its not the same gun that Mathew has.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:05 PM

Last photo:

I agree barry, I don't think they are the same guns. If you compare the two, they are different. The picture of the rongpeng and the ebay gun are the same. If you look closely at the enlarged picture of the tuul shed gun, it says rongpeng on the handle. The gun that mathew has looks nicer, stainless cup, The part that says w400 looks different, and his gun is marked 1.4 on the cap and the color looks different in his pictures. The rongpeng/ebay gun doesn't have anything marked on the cap that I can see. Rongpeng site says they have a couple different tip sizes, but where the heck would you get one when the only place that I've seen them is ebay. A different needle,cap would probably be more then the gun itself. When I get mine I will give it a shot. The price was cheap and if it doesn't spray well it will be demoted or maybe given away or hit the trash and I'll buy a better gun. If it sprays as good as the conventional (sharpe 775)I have now and doesn't use as much paint, it will be good enough for me I guess.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:09 PM
GM Muscle

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcclark
Actually, Ebay has a "second chance offer" they stand behind.
It's perfectly legit!!!
Sometimes a buyer backs out and the seller has the option to go to the last highest bidder. It happens all the time.
That may be true, but if the auction transaction completes and the seller approaches the next highest bidder(s) and says I will sell you one for your bid. That is not legit. Ebay definitly frowns on such actions because they can not charge fees.

As I said I am not casting stones. Been there....done that. From both sides !

Rich
Old 07-29-2005, 09:42 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BondoKing
"I got it from a friend of mine... He wanted me to try it out to see what i thought."
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK
I will say this from the sidelines.

The price tool shed charged for that gun, its not the same gun that Mathew has.
Barry did you supply Matthew with that W400 copied gun? If so then tell us where you got it and how much it should cost for an import from China. Have already read where you were talking about it at an earlier date and time.

Incidently you will need to revise your website now.

Quote:
Nascar drivers don’t buy their race engines at a parts store to save money, so why would a painter want a $200 gun? Spent the $400-600 for a good base gun and again for a good clear gun the payback will be faster than you think. You will always get what you pay for with a paint gun!
http://www.southernpolyurethanes.com...your%20gun.htm

Old 07-30-2005, 05:05 AM

Last photo:

Yes, I got the gun for Mathew from the importer.
Reason I know the gun is not the same gun as tool-shed is because of price.
The importer is paying that much and tool shed is not selling guns for cost.

I have been PM'd about this by a few other people and going to see if I can get Baker to put these in, will talk to Monday as Terry is out of town this weekend.

Yes that is my statement on guns, Timer!
I still stand behind that statement but also realize (now) Not everyone is going to buy a $500-600 gun. I tried the gun as a favor and was impressed but rest assured any painting I do on the vette this weekend it will be the Sata or Geo gun.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:21 AM
©®™

Last photo:

It is interesting that there seems to be 2 different knock-offs with W400 printed on them and they don't come with the same size tip.

I will be watching this thread for reports on the W400 knock-off from Ebay. I would be interested in getting one if it's significantly better than the purple HF gun. The Tuulshed website (http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFron...602&i=16929285)
sells the gun for $65.95 and I've seen it on Ebay with a "buy-it-now" at the same price (no bidders). When not "buy-it-now", they've been bidding to between $20 to $45.

If the Tuulshed version is not as good, I hope someone can find out where to buy BondoKing's version.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:54 AM

Last photo:

HELLO Barry,

Quote:
Yes that is my statement on guns, Timer!
I still stand behind that statement but also realize (now) Not everyone is going to buy a $500-600 gun. I tried the gun as a favor and was impressed but rest assured any painting I do on the vette this weekend it will be the Sata or Geo gun.
The Exclaimation Point would tend to indicate you are getting upset or something. No reason to get upset or want to fight This is a conversation and a discussion among adults. This is not a manhood measuring contest because what is written here is what you have recently stated for a scattering of post with opinions and statements. Just trying to assemble it for better readership with the scattered pieces of your puzzle.

If anyone has a right to be upset over something that you have stated then it should probably be the people that own IWATA Paint Guns considering those people have maybe spent a lot of money for them. Then again most of what you have stated is mere Personal Opinion. Correct?

Then it comes out that the W400 Copy gun from CHINA doesn't perform well enough that you would trust it with spraying anything that matters. WOW but that is okay too. Just that opinion could cause someone to be upset that has spent some minor pocket change on one of those EBAY W400 COPY Guns which are probably about the EXACT SAME of a COPY OF THE COPY for the gun in this post. Just WISHY WASHY.

I own some IWATA Guns and Air Brushes and am not upset at you. Although you have peaked my interest and that is why I am chatting with you and the people on this forum.
I have read you right through since, "your friend is importing and selling the copy guns" can see you are maybe bias for friendship and your comments may be bent to alignment for business.

Now since that PART is out of the way for being bias maybe we can move on because got a feeling these COPY guns from CHINA came off the same basic assembly lines with some minor changes. That is how a lot of the SATA Copy guns originated. The SATA Copy Guns work real well for the money just my opinion added in too.

How much should a cheap gun from CHINA COST? Determining how much these COPY GUNS cost to make over there would be a good starting point. With little to no time in R&D for money and expenses then a cheaper product can be copied and sold at give away prices. What about $2-$3 bucks including labor FOR NOW and later the people in this Country can run the prices up for their own increased profit? Would that work for the American Way?

Quote:
re: $10.50 spraygun- what a bargain!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You will love that gun!

I have a friend that is bringing that gun and the 400 copy into the country.
They both spray as good or better than the gun they copied.

One jobber of mine has sold WELL over a 100 of the little guns and said has not had one complaint.

Also, he brings these guns in, in the colors of Green, Blue and Chrome.
so if you see a different color gun for a better price, jump on it as they are the same except the color.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by BarryK : 07-17-2005 at 05:32 AM.
http://www.hotrodders.com/showthread...874#post481874
ALL have done is compile past statements and opinions for easier assembled viewing so you can get mad if you want over the things you have stated YOURSELF just recently.

If your opinion carried no substance or weight around here then it might be different. I think you have a group of loyal followers here and will react on your words without question so there is no need to send mixed messages.

Upset or not you are easy to read now!

Didn't you recently admit to buying a Toyota over a BMW? I don't see why you wouldn't trust that COPY Gun from China?
Old 07-30-2005, 10:55 AM

The knockoff gun on ebay only comes with the 1.5 tip, as I never used a 1.5 tip for base/clear, you think that would be ok, and take a look at the air consuption,, you think thats accurate?
Old 07-30-2005, 11:02 AM
©®™

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timer
HELLO Barry,

The Exclaimation Point would tend to indicate you are getting upset or something. No reason to get upset or want to fight This is a conversation and a discussion among adults. This is not a manhood measuring contest because what is written here is what you have recently stated for a scattering of post with opinions and statements. Just trying to assemble it for better readership with the scattered pieces of your puzzle.

If anyone has a right to be upset over something that you have stated then it should probably be the people that own IWATA Paint Guns considering those people have maybe spent a lot of money for them. Then again most of what you have stated is mere Personal Opinion. Correct?
Wow! You sure read a lot of emotion from one little exclamation point. You must be a psychic. I didn't take it that way at all.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:24 AM

Last photo:

Who the hell cares. Its $40. I know when I was younger and liked wasting time in the bar, I could easily spend that $40 in a night. How much money does it cost to go out to eat today? A movie? What about when you fill up your car with gas. What about when you mess up anything at all to do with autobody materials, Its easy to spend that 40 or more fixing stuff. So I will make sure to test this gun out well before spraying anything that will cost alot of money to fix. At the price, I'll give it a try before I buy a more expensive gun. I am not expecting miracles. If it performs well it will be a nice surprise. The hvlp gun I bought probably 10 years ago cost $250 and it is only used for base, it didn't do to well with clear the few times I tried it. I am sure when people get to try this gun they will give it a review if you want to wait to spend the money on it. Most clears I've seen a 1.5 is the upper range of tip recommended for gravity feed hvlp. My sharpe has either a 1.6 or 1.7. It is a siphon feed conventional if that makes a difference in tip size. It sprays clear allright, not perfect. Worse then how it sprays is the amount of material wasted in overspray, but it sprays clear better then the hvlp I have. I have held onto the conventional because I have used that particular gun for many years with good results, but time for something new. You can't tell me every painter and shop out there getting a nice paint job is using a $500 sata or iwata gun. I would be interested to know how much those $500 guns cost to manufacture.

Last edited by kenseth17; 07-30-2005 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:34 AM

Last photo:

Roger,

The fact of the matter is that, BarryK is now in a contradicting point for his $500-$600 gun recomendations as pointed out on his website for one view point. Yet on here BaryK is giving credit to an IWATA COPY gun that should only cost $30 or so for being worthy of the original IWATA or even better.

Do you think, Barry needs to change his website for a gun recommendation now? "YGWYPF" Or is it just business?

I remember years ago that the YGWYPF statement was Originated over on the ABS. Some people over there made those EXACT comments about the SPI Paint Products on that Forum because the SPI Products were being advertised on the net at a low cost. It was echo'ed by several people that posted over there at the time to not buy the SPI Products because of YGWYPF statements. Imagine all the people that LIKE The SPI Products on this forum and recommend them now.

Oh and who pays $500-$600 for a paint gun anymore? Seriously there are several places on the Internet that can deliver at reduced cost for most anything. Even SPI Products.

I would hope that, Barry exercises good reason and judgement for what has been posted and shown here for his statements and opinions given what is provided for change. That is my point. I am tired of bickering with people when they are promoting their business at the expense of an open forum. There is no reason to try and hide that BarryK is in business.

kenseth17,

My point exactly:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenseth17
You can't tell me every painter and shop out there getting a nice paint job is using a $500 sata or iwata gun.
Why wouldn't Barry want to use what he recommends for NOW? The paint products should cost him very little for obvious reason if it needs to be re-done.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:48 AM

Last photo:

Well in defense of barry, people often change there minds back in forth. I know I do. I remember him discussing the particular gun that matthew has and he said he was not impressed with chinese knockoff guns but that particular gun he was surprised by, or something to that affect. If I had a $500 gun I used many times and a cheaper gun that I haven't done a bunch of painting with, I guess I would be picking up that $500 gun to paint a vette. But $500-$600 for a spray gun I have a problem paying until I try other alternatives first. I bet part of that is just for the name. No I don't think a $40 gun is going to spray like a $500 iwata, or even the one matthew has, but sometimes you are just paying for the name. I have yet to use barrys materials, but with the prices of ppg and dupont, ect, why do you see so many recommendations for his products. I bet price is at least one part of it. If a product does better, as well or near as well as another and costs quite a bit less, which would you buy if you knew that was the case.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:53 AM
©®™

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timer
Roger,

The fact of the matter is that, BarryK is now in a contradicting point for his $500-$600 gun recomendations as pointed out on his website for one view point. Yet on here BaryK is giving credit to an IWATA COPY gun that should only cost $30 or so for being worthy of the original IWATA or even better.

Do you think, Barry needs to change his website for a gun recommendation now? "YGWYPF" Or is it just business?

I remember years ago that the YGWYPF statement was Originated over on the ABS. Some people over there made those EXACT comments about the SPI Paint Products on that Forum because the SPI Products were being advertised on the net at a low cost. It was echo'ed by several people that posted over there at the time to not buy the SPI Products because of YGWYPF statements. Imagine all the people that LIKE The SPI Products on this forum and recommend them now.

Oh and who pays $500-$600 for a paint gun anymore? Seriously there are several places on the Internet that can deliver at reduced cost for most anything. Even SPI Products.

I would hope that, Barry exercises good reason and judgement for what has been posted and shown here for his statements and opinions given what is provided for change. That is my point. I am tired of bickering with people when they are promoting their business at the expense of an open forum. There is no reason to try and hide that BarryK is in business.
If I am a pro (which I'm not) and painting a car almost daily and I take pride in my tools because they make my living, then I would buy the quality originals where parts, different size needles and caps are available quickly.
If I am a hobbyist (which I am) and paint a car maybe once every couple of years and I can get a cheap gun that performs equally (or close), then I buy the knock-off. I don't think Barry has been contradictory.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:58 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger1
Wow! You sure read a lot of emotion from one little exclamation point. You must be a psychic. I didn't take it that way at all.
Holy *****, who's mad and what the hell you talking about?
Why would I get mad over a gun? I could care less what anyone buys in a gun.

As a matter of fact I had discussed with two people on here (Vince/Matt) of a one time deal I would get these guns for cost and offer them to people on here for that cost ( a one time deal)
Put up my money and add to my freight bill.

But you know why I didn't?
I told both the guys one of the guns would not work and I would be the dog.

This just proved my point.

Edit:
Now I went back and read the whole post. I get the funny feeling your a whipped puppy dog working for a competitor.
You sure hid yourself good in your profile.
Reading your posts, your here only to cause problems and if your issues are with me lets do it off line so we don't hurt the site. Its to good of a site for chicken ****.

Last edited by BarryK; 07-30-2005 at 12:14 PM.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.