Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Iwata paint gun
Thread: Iwata paint gun
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:42 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Iwata paint gun

I recently purchased an Anesta Iwata lpv 400 sparay gun. Orange cap. I have painted a couple bike tanks and I love it. It was rather difficult to get use to holding it close and slowing it up. I have always used a conventional siphon gun. Here is my question for you guys that are proficient with this gun.I have had the volume screw at two and a half turns out and the fan I just kinda winged it on and air inlet at 16 psi . I now am going to be spraying the outside of an entire vehicle and would like to be a little more precise in gun adjustment. The other question I have is on paint reduction. I will be spraying restoration shop Acylic Urethane. The directions say 4:1 paint to hardener and up to 1 quart of reducer to a gallon of paint. For the anesta gun (1.4 aIR CAP) what would be the best way to determine the poroper reduction. On most paints I have used in the past have a mixing ratio for paint, hardener and reducer. I really dont want orange peel or runs because of improper reduction......Steve