Hot Rod Forum banner

Jaguar xj6 in a 32 Chevy sedan

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Unstable 
#1 ·
I'm just curious if anyone has used this setup before. I've had a few people look at the linkage and they find it odd it has a double swivel.

#2 ·
truck suspension

I believe they do this all the time down in Australia. jaguar has a 59.5" width and takes a chevy wheel 5 x 4.75. I am looking into taking the brakes off my old 85 XJS ( 4 piston calipers heavy duty) and putting on my 67 Camaro. Investigating to see if this is possible. There is a guy who put the xj6 subframe under his truck.

F100 Solid Axle to Independent Front Suspension on the Cheap!

#4 ·
I believe they do this all the time down in Australia. jaguar has a 59.5" width and takes a chevy wheel 5 x 4.75. I am looking into taking the brakes off my old 85 XJS ( 4 piston calipers heavy duty) and putting on my 67 Camaro. Investigating to see if this is possible. There is a guy who put the xj6 subframe under his truck.

F100 Solid Axle to Independent Front Suspension on the Cheap!
That information is everything I was looking for thanks a bunch. Now the steering wheel hookup will be a breeze.

#3 · (Edited)
Track width ?

The Jag might be a little wide for the front with fenders, Here's a link to a custom crosmember using the jag components
http://www.barryslc.com.au/gallery.asp?id=3&action=display
The K and K crosmember changes the geometry a little bit, Stock Jag decambers when braking and the front end settles. the K and K adds more castor when braking for more stability with a lighter front end. The double swivel steering shaft is used because the stock Jag crosmember is mounted in rubber and can move around a bit on bumpy roads.

#5 ·
I do not know about bouncy around on rough roads. My 85 XJS was an amazing riding and handling car. The only problem I saw with it was it sat too low. 4.75" ground clearance. It was designed for luxury touring. Long trips, winding roads with comfort and speed. The thing handled like it was on rails.

#8 ·
It's been brought to my attention I actually have a xj40 ifs in my car.
The install by the original owner is top notch from what I can tell.

He even grabbed the entire steering column and wheel from the jag.
My plan is to use it endless you guys don't think it will work.
My he car it's self has a bord Warner 5speed transmission.

My next big deal to tackle is what pedals to use as it's a super right space. Any suggestions on them, I'd love to hear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.