Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   January Hotrodders Art Contest 2010 "Chevy Shoebox Nova 63 to 67 Anything Goes" (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/january-hotrodders-art-contest-2010-chevy-shoebox-nova-63-67-a-170889.html)

Only Racing 01-03-2010 01:24 AM

January Hotrodders Art Contest 2010 "Chevy Shoebox Nova 63 to 67 Anything Goes"

4 Attachment(s)
January Hotrodders Art Contest 2010 "Chevy Shoebox Nova 63 to 67 Anything Goes"

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...rs/57logo5.jpg

Looking back over the time we have done these contests, we've covered alot of bases in different vehicles. Time we tighten it up a bit and get to some tougher choices or we'll be out of them soon, lol.

As January starts, so does a new set of needs for the contest to continue, most can draw, most have access to photos or are capable of artwork of any type.

This Month, the choice of vehicle goes to the "Chevy Shoebox Nova 63 to 67 Anything Goes", Gasser, Classic, Drag Car, Road Carver or even a rat rod and so on. The most searched for car on the net and everyones favorite. Easy lines for an artist, classic formats of all years in drag racing or customs, this should be a good one for all of you.

Contest will end on January 25th with the polls closing on the 31st with a winner choosing the contest subject again.

I'm sure the members are looking forward to your enties and so am I.

Let the games begin !!

Below Is Some Inspiration For This Month.

eloc431962 01-03-2010 08:27 AM

Can't hardly wait to see what everyone comes up with,
this is going to be sweet love the Nova. And Mark the new Logo looks awesome also, All you guy's out do yourselves love seeing everybody's work. :thumbup:

Cole

Only Racing 01-03-2010 10:59 AM

The Nova's or "Chevy II's" are tough since you don't know which way to go with it.

The logo illustration was thanks to Member 57Corvette in his poll winning effort in the logo contest.

NEW INTERIORS 01-03-2010 11:07 AM

Can't wait to see them.. :thumbup:

eloc431962 01-03-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Only Racing
The Nova's or "Chevy II's" are tough since you don't know which way to go with it.

The logo illustration was thanks to Member 57Corvette in his poll winning effort in the logo contest.

Yes i knew that was 57s logo great job 57. Just wanted to add it on my post to you Mark . You guy's are awesome. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cole

Only Racing 01-03-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
Can't wait to see them.. :thumbup:

New and Eloc, I'm gonna have to get you guys into this, you are always so supportive, time you played a bit. C'mon, we even allow tracing, heck we do it basically right? just with a comp.

NEW INTERIORS 01-03-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

New and Eloc, I'm gonna have to get you guys into this, you are always so supportive, time you played a bit. C'mon, we even allow tracing, heck we do it basically right? just with a comp.

I can draw really good,, Just can't do what yall do.. I would love to do what yall do.. ;)

Only Racing 01-04-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

I can draw really good,, Just can't do what yall do.. I would love to do what yall do.. ;)

You'd be surprised at how easy it is sometimes, that last one I did took around 4 hrs and I only used Shapes, styles and gradients in PS, with simple beveland emboss since I was in a hurry. Stuff the other guys are doing is really hard, hand drawing, and illustrator or 57's style.

DeuceRon 01-04-2010 12:56 PM

Hey New Interiors.. You said you can draw right? Don't worry about the computer stuff and just submit your drawings.
To me, that is much harder than using a computer.

Give it a shot!!

Ron..

brickyardboy 01-07-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

I'm computer/software challenged, and really admire guy's like Mark and Bob that do their incredible work, but give me some colored pencils and I'll work them hard and make them cry with overuse. :D I do it for the joy of creating, and a new challenge every month. There's really no competition here, in my opinion, just a bunch of guys sharing their love for art and cars. Doesn't get too much better than that!
So, come on, don't be hesitant, and start drawing, I'd love to see some of your work. The more the merrier!

Doodler 01-10-2010 09:09 AM

First one in! I don't think I've every been anything but almost last minute.

Enjoy!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...6/a267a706.jpg

57Corvette 01-10-2010 10:20 AM

Super work Doodler ... setting the bar high this month.

Bob

Only Racing 01-10-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doodler
First one in! I don't think I've every been anything but almost last minute.

Enjoy!

Awesome entry ! 57's right, BTW, better early than never Dood !!

Loks like a tough one already

eloc431962 01-10-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Mark i would love to try but i just can't do what you guy's can do. But i might give it a try sometime. :D

Cole

Doodler 01-10-2010 11:37 AM

Thanks guys. Can't wait to see what everybody else comes up with!