Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Jasper is very crooked!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 01:25 PM

Last journal entry: not a big fan of cherry picker...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Jasper is very crooked!

Last year I blew the motor in my RV. We decided to go with a Jasper motor because they told me for the almost $5000 dollars i paid for the motor it had a parts & Labor warranty for 18 months or so many miles. I have less than 1000 miles on the new motor. I was driving it home from Florida when the motor starts making a wicked slapping noise and shaking all over the place. Long story short ended up at a mechanic, Mechanic Says the head gaskets went due to stretched head bolts. Jaspers says they will only cover parts.

In my experience the only way to stretch head bolts is to improperly torque them when the motor assembled.... Correct? So would this not be Jaspers Fault as they assembled the motor? Now a $9400 dollar motor is turning into a $9400 motor + $2500 in repairs + the cost of the lawyer to sue Jasper.

What else would cause the head bolts to stretch??? Any advise would be appreciated as I need to be as knowledgeable as possible if I end up in small claims court suing for just the repairs... Thanks in advance.