Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - JB weld as body filler ?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 08:09 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,218 Times in 1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenseth17
Based on the information, It sounded like, or I was under the impression, it was a friend of yours that went to a bodywork class that was relaying the information, guess I was wrong.

Spelling doesn't seem all that bad to me, but there is spell check next to where you submit your reply.
You are not the first here with grammer or spelling issues. I am not the greatest speller myself and did write a lot of long replys full of run on sentances and no paragraphs when I first started posting. Language class wasn't one of my favorites back in school. Most won't give too hard of a time about it, but some can be brutal.

But if you take your time, and work on making your posts more easily readable using sentances and paragraphs, your likely to get your point across better and more people will take the time to read your post.
What it takes is simply trying to improve, if one puts in a little effort it is amazing how much one can improve. When I started messing around on the net, typing and English were as far out of my world as you could get. It just wasn't what I had been interested in, it just wasn't me. I spent my time perfecting my autobody and paint skills on the job and my spare time went to perfecting my guitar and singing.

I got on the net and just fumbled. What I did to work on it was to write my posts in an email first and check spelling and punctuation and ask my wife (who is a English master) and make sure I did it right as to not look like I was as dumb as I am. So I worked and worked on it forcing myself to type correctly with all my fingers and forcing myself to spell correctly (well most of the time) and in a short time I had you guys all fooled into thinking I wasn't a hack.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
37hemidodge (04-09-2013)