Rear wiper motor wiring
I'm having problems wiring a Jeep Wagoneer 2-speed REAR wiper motor attached to a generic 2-speed wiper switch to make it function correctly. BTW, it is not going in a Jeep but a '51 Hudson as the front windshield wiper. The reason for this particular motor is that it is 2-speed and it has a long transmission shaft which is needed.
I want just a wiper switch on the dash not on the column.
1. The wiper switch is the one used for New Port Engineering's product. It has off, low and high.
2. The Wagoneer electrical schematic shows that it can be hooked up to a standard switch (no pulse) and without the wiper module.
3. When wired to the generic switch and you go from off to low, it works fine. When you go to high, the motor makes one swipe and goes to park.
4. I have ordered a Wagoneer rear switch to replace the generic switch but I doubt it will have the correct positions on it. It is a rocker switch.
5. The Wagoneer schematic doesn't indicate if you need the main wiper switch mounted on the column with the rocker switch in between.
Last edited by themodernartist; 12-10-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Reason: the word jeep might keep people from looking at it