Hot Rod Forum banner

Jeff Gordon Popularity

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  bullheimer 
#1 ·
I was just wondering why Jeff Gordon is getting so many boos at the race track??

#4 ·
You know, he's the one everyone loves to hate. He's a winner, you can't deny that. He's never been my favorite by any means but you can't deny his ability or drive to win. I don't think cheating on his wife (gold digging *****} in my opinion, has anything to do with it.

#5 ·
That's true too.It's kind of like Bill Clinton's Affair,(Not meaning to start anything by this).That was his business,which should've been between him and his wife.Of course I do have to admit..He could've done his bangin' elsewhere.Now, all the presidents after him walk into the Oval Office and say,"Wait Wait,don't touch that..Bill had his 'slick willy' on that..No telling what he had besides Monica Lewinsky."Anyway,don't think anything of that.You didn't read it :D .

Anyway,I agree..It shouldn't affect his racing career.

Jacob :D

#7 ·
Did you see the way he fought with Craven(i think it was) at the Rock(i think it was). He will go downas a favorite in my views and the views of many others. He will never be as competitive and as great of a racer as Dale was, but still, he's a great racer.

HRK :)

#8 ·
"I was just wondering why Jeff Gordon is getting so many boos at the race track??"

Well it's like this.

Some people just hate it when the same A$$holes win time and time again. Nobody seems to want to take in to consideration that Gordon might just be the best driver out there, hell. If Kyle Petty could drive like Gordon, he wouldn't have to pimp himself off to Georgia Pacific looking for the new "Brawny Man." He could just park that 45 car in victory lane....

<not> :)

#9 ·
:(

Jeff Gordon can drive.....anyone who has won as many races as he has at the Winston Cup level.....must have driver talent.

He was in the right place at the right time mostly. When he went to the Hendricks camp he knew NOTHING about car setups and what the car needed. That's why he was not sucessful in the Busch Series.

The Everham/Gordon combination with the excellant cars and resources of Hendricks bought sucess. Everham stood on the truck and could SEE WHAT THE CAR needed and gave it to Jeff.

After all these years, he has learned.......but he never suffered bad equipment, a bad wreck or had to unlearn bad habits.

:rolleyes: What could half of the drivers in Winston Cup do with the same resources early on in their career?

Richard (and Kyle) Petty both started in good equipment. Sucess came quickly. Busch, Kenseth and a few others come to mind.

Dale Earnhardt SR never had those advantages. No silver spoon. Never had a good team until he was in his 30's.

He IS the driver for me........

:)

#11 ·
because they are stupid maybe. i could see when he was winning everything in sight. i used to hate Dale seniors guts. i thought he was a dirty driver and payback is a... well rip. i liked gordon alot when he first started then when he started winning all the time i started liking someone else. kyle petty after i saw him sing the belly button song plus he has long hair. but he always finishes in last place. then i really wanted jr. to do great cause he likes punk rock and was a nobody who could really drive. but now i am from nevada and we have kurt busch from vegas and so now i want him to win. i quit having favorites after i followed davey allison after i saw a race at pocono and picked the prettiest car., then swervin ernie irvin. i had ten t's and hats and then they dumped him for no reason after he won michigan and i followed him to the M&M car for like one year. so i aint dumpin ten tons of money on t's and shirts again bein die hard for anybody. i dont have time to watch them race around in circle jerks anymore anyway. i like superspeedways only for the huge wrecks and watkins glen and sears point, where i have been 3 times. they are too long. i got ****** to do. as far as booing jeffy poo, its probbly cause they think he will win and there are so many people who went from sr. to jr. out there that boo anybody whose last name isnt earnhart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.