Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Jet Change Effected Idle
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 AM
my KARMA ran over my DOGMA

Last journal entry: SS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Jet Change Effected Idle

I changed the primary rod and jet combo on my 1405 eddey carb to lean it out in cruise mode by about 8% from were it was. Does this effect the idle quality of the motor? I did not think it did but now the idle quality is ruffer and it seems to surge a bit, the driving charcteristics are good with plenty of off idle throttle responce and no missing or boggs etc. I used a new top plate gasket kit and changed the primary venturi gaskets and the excel pump squirter gasket as they were in the kit. This is a fresh 383. I checked to make sure that did not disconnect anything or put things back together right including plug wires, linkages, hoses etc. I have been trying to set adjust the idle mixture screws, used a vac gage, checked the timing, moved it to 18 deg BTDC. It was idling allot smoother before, the only other thing that changed is that I went from premium gas to regular just before the swap? thanks