JET Performance Brand Quality? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 12:14 AM
More machine than man

Last journal entry: bwaahhaahahaaahhaa
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

JET Performance Brand Quality?

How good is JET Performance stuff? I see their carb jets are cheaper than Edelbrock by a few bucks (hey this adds up as you try to build up a stock of jets). I am mainly concerned about the accuracy of the orifice size. What say you, collective?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 12:25 AM

Jet performance

I would never, ever trust this company. They advertised that each carb was flow tested, not true. I received a quadrajet that was actually missing the secondary metering rods. I wonder how this passed quality control? I sent it back and they charged me shipping both ways. This carb cost me more than I could have bought a new factory carb. Almost destroyed my 69 427Corvette. Steer clear of this company. They could care less. Really bad company to business with. Just my 23 cents worth, adjusted for inflation. I will never forget how badly I was treated by Jet performance. Kind of like eating a skunk, never get the taste out of your mouth.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:00 AM

Jet performance

Did I say how disappointed I was in this company? Being upset with this company is like calling an Atomic bomb a firecracker. Granted this happened years ago, however this company never made it right even after numerous polite and reasonable correspondence. Why? My only conclusion is that they simply could care less about the customer. All over a quadrajet carb. I have had over 50 cars and in all the performance parts I have purchased In the last 40 years, this company was the absolute worst I have ever dealt with, Period.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studebaker View Post
I would never, ever trust this company. They advertised that each carb was flow tested, not true. I received a quadrajet that was actually missing the secondary metering rods. I wonder how this passed quality control? I sent it back and they charged me shipping both ways. This carb cost me more than I could have bought a new factory carb. Almost destroyed my 69 427Corvette. Steer clear of this company. They could care less. Really bad company to business with. Just my 23 cents worth, adjusted for inflation. I will never forget how badly I was treated by Jet performance. Kind of like eating a skunk, never get the taste out of your mouth.
what does a 2nd metering rod have to do with testing the air flow through the carb. ??? zero..

Jets been around for years. ,I'm sure stude having problems happened tho no proof of it. but every company has issues with a part or a rebuild at sometime. they are not 100% perfect ..
EVEN g.m. Toyota,ECT .
The fact that they are still around ,means cases like studes are far far between..
plent of places to get q-jet parts. and more than likely all made at the same place just packaged different for each vendor.

here are a few others if you don't want to use jett
Carburetor Parts for Rochester Quadrajet, Mercarb Marine, Carter & Ford Motorcraft Carburetors
Cliffs High Performance Quadrajets :: Qjet Carburetor Rebuild Kits, Parts, Quadrajet Rebuilding, Quadrajet Parts, Bushing Kits, Carb Tuning
Old 06-26-2013, 12:19 PM

Last photo:

My go to place is here:WELCOME TO ALLSTATE CARBURETOR & FUEL INJECTION
The Following User Says Thank You to JeffB For This Useful Post:
techinspector1 (06-26-2013)
Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM

Last photo:

Well Studebaker maybe you should tape all your phone calls and take pictures of your receipts so "gearheadslife" will not doubt your word next time....geeeez!!

Everyone has problems with parts now and then but the true problem is the customer service....or lack thereof with a company that refuses to admit their product is less than perfect or try's to blow you off.

I had mine with "Wheels Vintique" same skunk taste, will never forget and never deal with them again. Kudo's to you Stude for voicing your opinion.....that's what these forums are for.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

see I don't like the bash venders crap cause there are 3 stories,
yours, theirs and the truth.
most times the first 2 are foggy at best.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:03 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Did I say how disappointed I was in this company? Being upset with this company is like calling an Atomic bomb a firecracker. Granted this happened years ago, however this company never made it right even after numerous polite and reasonable correspondence. Why? My only conclusion is that they simply could care less about the customer. All over a quadrajet carb. I have had over 50 cars and in all the performance parts I have purchased In the last 40 years, this company was the absolute worst I have ever dealt with, Period.
Did you post it here too? Hotrodders Company Reviews
Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 AM

Jet performance

I would have posted a comment however they are not listed in the company review forum. My opinions are just that, MY OPINION, based on interaction with this company with me as the customer. The carburator I purchased from them was for a restoration project, it was very expensive and they advertised that each Carb was flow tested. This was obviously not the case and the carb was missing critical fuel flow components. There is no way this carb was flow tested before shipping to me. Product quality control? A blind donkey could have figured this out. So, should I trust a company that sells a defective product, then charges me shipping to return it and will not take the time to answer a phone call or return one? Hey everyone screws up time to time, hell, no one is perfect, but a business should have some ethics. Again, just my opinion!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
I would have posted a comment however they are not listed in the company review forum. My opinions are just that, MY OPINION, based on interaction with this company with me as the customer. The carburator I purchased from them was for a restoration project, it was very expensive and they advertised that each Carb was flow tested. This was obviously not the case and the carb was missing critical fuel flow components. There is no way this carb was flow tested before shipping to me. Product quality control? A blind donkey could have figured this out. So, should I trust a company that sells a defective product, then charges me shipping to return it and will not take the time to answer a phone call or return one? Hey everyone screws up time to time, hell, no one is perfect, but a business should have some ethics. Again, just my opinion!
you still don't get it, flow tested, that test the AIR flow CFM of the carb, NOT fuel flow. as that's controlled by the jets and needles/etc they can flow test the jet outside the carb.
flow testing the CFM of the carb would not SHOW a needle missing. as it's testing AIR flow. not fuel as that changes with jet/needle/fuel pressure and float level AND type fuel used..
Q/C again not 100% perfect like you seem to be.
please tell me how slapping the carb on a flow bench to test CFM air flow through the carb would show a missing needle??
next silly question, did you open the carb before calling??
if yes I can see why they might not have been so willing to help you.
nevermind if you're still this pissed about it years later, I can just imagine what you where like on the phone. could be wrong, but most times those that are that bent years later where not polite on the phone at the time it happened.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:43 AM

Jet Performance.

Actually I was very polite on the phone, You never get anywhere acting like an ***, using profanity or personal attacks, My complaint was because of a total lack of service, I might as well had been talking to the wall, they just did not care. There was a serious problem with this carb. No one is perfect, mistakes happen, it's part of life, However the response from the representatives for this company was absolutely unacceptable. This is usually a problem from management that trickles down through and infects the ranks of a business. Sure, I am only one customer, All they had to do was send me a different carb that had been assembled and tested correctly. Really simple. Instead they stuck it to me, even admitting that there were parts missing, And no I did not take the carb apart or mess with it. I will never forget the negative experience with this company.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:51 PM

just for fun I looked up a holley 950 HP,they offer it at $1400.oo,I paid $600.oo for mine.I would think if their mark up is that high,the service should be outstanding. I have never dealt with them,and not likely to to deal with them if all the prices are that high.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
just for fun I looked up a holley 950 HP,they offer it at $1400.oo,I paid $600.oo for mine.I would think if their mark up is that high,the service should be outstanding. I have never dealt with them,and not likely to to deal with them if all the prices are that high.
carbs that end up on roundy round cars can cost that or more 2500.00
you bouht your for 600 how much "tuning time" you got in it. air bleeds,jets, all of it. if you put an a/f meter on it, is it even remotely close
your labors free, a companies is not. you pay for that.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:58 AM

carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
carbs that end up on roundy round cars can cost that or more 2500.00
you bouht your for 600 how much "tuning time" you got in it. air bleeds,jets, all of it. if you put an a/f meter on it, is it even remotely close
your labors free, a companies is not. you pay for that.
it came custom built for my engine. It had all the parts I needed to be very close to tune,out of the box.I changed the jets 1 size on primary side.The A/F is correct at 12.2 ish:1. No other changes were needed.
Pat asks a lot of questions before the carb is shipped out,,,,,
Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
it came custom built for my engine. It had all the parts I needed to be very close to tune,out of the box.I changed the jets 1 size on primary side.The A/F is correct at 12.2 ish:1. No other changes were needed.
Pat asks a lot of questions before the carb is shipped out,,,,,
man he could've made a killing, as nascar teams payed 2000+ fpr brasswell carbs , same with pro stock and super stock..
man he missed out.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.