Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
hotrodders.com: Project Journals: JMSTOY's Journal
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View JMSTOY's profile Entries: 8
Views: 3633
view from the beginning || now viewing most recent entries

Pages (2): [1] 2

02-04-2012 01:03 PM The death of Blue
Well, Blue had to die someday. She got stripped of her 350 and 350 Turbo tranny. Tore that engine down with a quickness, and bought all new accesories. Cleaning it up, grinding 3- years of old oil off, priming it, and starting the Chevy orange coat now! Yeah! one head is painted, the oil pan painted, the intake and other head finished today! Woohoo! Should have the engine back together this weekend! Then on to the tranny..... uhg!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #8]

02-04-2012 12:58 PM Been a while
Well, been plugging away at this truck now, and its coming pretty good! Finally got the frame stripped, misc crap cut off, and primed and painted using Por15. If you've never used this stuff before, try it! It's amazing! Andways, after the 2 base coats, rubberized the frame, one coat of enamel flat black, and she's ready!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #7]

12-09-2011 07:15 PM Suspension Off / Engine pulled
Well, pulled the engine/tranny today. Got it on the stand and turned it over. Is there supposed to be 5 gallons of water in there? :-( glad i decided to tear down that 400 and stick a 350 in there in the meantime! The crank is so rusted I cant even move the cam enough to get all the heads out. Oh yeah, and 2 years worth of mud and oil sitting there smells so bad I gagged. Power washed it the best I could and used a whole industrial can of break free, but no dice. Setting that aside for later!
Tore down front and back suspension. It was so rusted and stuck I had to heat almost every bolt! But got it done! My buddy Austin welded up the swiss cheese looking firewall today too, looks great! Few more patch welds, and new cab corners and it'll be good as new! Ripped off all the old brake lines and brake drums on the back too. Ready to grind the frame, acetone it, and spray on the new rubber liner coating. Then on to replacing the suspension rubber, and remounting it! Slowly but surely.

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #6]

12-02-2011 04:11 PM Cab Stand
Sick of the cab in the way, so i built a rolling cab stand. Sooooo nice!

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #5]

12-01-2011 12:11 PM More Teardown
Cab off, engine half torn down

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)

(click photo to enlarge)
  [Entry #4]

Pages (2): [1] 2